Chapter 37

Gerhardt

My puppet will have enough time to heal before the party on the yacht for his birthday and become my heir. He is working out better than that bastard kit I raised. He does what he is told and enjoys my punishments. He has no feelings or attachments to anything. There is that minor obsession of his, but that journalist father of hers will get that entire family killed soon enough and I won't have to lift a finger. My business associates will do all the work for me.

Yes, everything is working out slowly the way I had planned.

With the death of Ryder, I could get that gangster trash thrown in prison for homicide. She won't be getting out soon now that my judge friend has told me she has been sentenced.

Then there are the best friends. The mobster brat will be easy to get rid of since he is all that's left of the O'Dwyer Mob. The Ciardhas are looking to take their place. They just need to eliminate Jaxson. I have good authority they plan on doing so.

The most difficult one to eliminate so that I can gain back Eis König is Dominic Zanetti. He is proving to be a thorn in my side. If only the mountainous shit had been home when I blew up Alonzo's condo at the same time I blew his office, then I wouldn't have this problem. But they are both still alive, stopping my associate's advances within Muerte Corp at every turn so that I cannot get my merger. I must be careful with them. The Zanetti mafia is well-connected. Their deaths are going to have to look like accidents from now on.

My main now is to get rid of Ryder's cousin Callum so that he cannot inherit Eliza's money from when the old bag croaks. If only he had been on that tour bus, then I wouldn't have to resort to blowing up a music venue full of innocent people to kill him off during his tour with his band of painted, unknown miscreants.

It's still a shame to me that Eliza had to die when Ryder was six. She was very good at establishing alliances. Or shall I say she was a useful tool after I drugged her? But she found out something she wasn't supposed to.

My involvement in the skin market was never supposed to come to light. It was my little secret with Eoghan Ciardha. My flavor of choice is young girls at least sixteen years of age, but Eoghan is much more depraved, preferring boys instead. The closer to the age of ten, the better. Like I used to do with Eliza, Eoghan uses his nephew. He keeps the boy so that his younger brother and sister-in-law can go out on dates. For now, until the boy gets older, he is grooming him on how to pleasure other men and women.

I have half a mind to send Ransom to Eoghan. With him having no emotions, I won't have to worry about sex being anything more than a basic need for him. So why not groom him to be the perfect lover to help close deals? I think I will give Eoghan a call. The yacht party would be the most opportune time to have Ransom broken in.

I have so many plans for my useful puppet. He will be my crowning achievement. By my side, he will do my bidding. Fuck whomever I tell him to gain support. Kill those who get in my way at my command. Marry who I say to marry to increase my fortune once again. With his mirroring capability, I can indoctrinate him with ease into high society. I already have received several marriage proposals lined up for him and I haven't given his party yet, declaring him as my heir and fit for society. It's not surprising since he has my dark looks.

The bastard kit lacked that. He looks too much like Eliza's grandfather, with his alabaster skin, freakishly snowy-white hair, and pale eyes. He was unfit to be by my side, though he was cunning, like that fox of a grandmother of his. Ryder felt everything. He could sense something was wrong and immediately be empathic to those around him. A horrid weakness. He would cower, shanking in fear as a boy with just me raising my voice. When I hit him, he would cry. He couldn't handle pain, vomiting everywhere. It was deplorable.

At least his biological father had use. A killer for hire. Leo Wulf was useful as long paid him. He didn't care who he had to end as long he got his wire transfer of half. Half down and rest when completed. If you didn't pay, you were next list. I admire that about Leo, his greed. Unfortunately, Eliza loved him as well.

They were high school sweethearts, looking forward to marriage, but her greedy father had other plans. He had arranged a marriage between us. The joining of two of the wealthiest German American families, the Fuchs and Holtz.

I was sweet to Eliza, knowing from an early age what our families had planned. In her second year of high school, she was sent to the academy for us to get acquainted with one another. I inserted myself into her life, taking the role of her only friend. She learned to trust me. I even helped her sneak away to meet Leo on weekends. I had the knowledge she was to be mine, so I made sure that I was the only haven within the academy walls. I made her dependent on me. In our last year, we were moved into the same room since we were married over the summer by our parents.

At last, she was all mine. I no longer had to wear a mask and began using her to gain more power. She was gorgeous and desired, my Sneewittchen or Snow White. I was the evil king who kept her locked away, jealous of her beauty. You see, when we married, she was unknowingly pregnant. Imagine the scandal! So, I told her we would claim the child as mine.

She was devastated when Leo was shipped off to serve in the military before she could tell him she was married and pregnant with his child. Leo would watch his son grow under his nose, without knowing Ryder was his. Eliza wouldn't see Leo again until Ryder was five years old when I hired his team to exterminate a rat within my corporation. A year later, Eliza did something stupid that ended her life.

It truly is a shame Ryder wasted his intelligence by following in his mother's footsteps. It was asinine on his part to think he wouldn't suffer the same fate by combating me, just because he could physically defend himself against my abuse. The mental damage had already been done and made sure he deteriorated at the end. Now his whore and his friends will endure pain as well. I will destroy them for daring to go against me.