Chapter 20

Ryder

"What do you mean the tour bus blew up?" I'm on the phone with the manager of the garage where we store the Kings of Death tour bus. He is giving me some line if he doesn't know what happened, but the bus is completely blown to smithereens. "What did the fire department say when they investigated?" He says he doesn't know, so I decided to end our contract with him, offering a healthy chunk of change for all the damages.

I called the fire department and finally got the answers I needed. The fire chief tells me it was a bomb. There is only one man I know of who did this to my family. Gerhardt. I snarl at the thought.

Of course, with me and Natalie gone, he is going to make life difficult for the people closest to me. I have a month to get a new tour bus and make sure the insurance company helps with the replacement.

I exit my room to find Dominic making breakfast while the others sit at the bar, drinking coffee. My ice queen mug is sitting on the table.

Jaxson's cheeky ass got it for me the other day when he and Natalie went shopping together. I think Jaxson has developed an obsession with shopping lately. That and stripping in Callum's club, he bought called Décès which is French for death.

I sit down, sighing at the first drink of my liquid sanity. "I have some news. Our tour bus was blown up last night." That has all my brothers/husbands looking at me with mixed emotions of shock and anger.

"My bus blew up?" Callum growls with an angry snarl on his handsome, scarred face. I nod my head, which causes him to let out a string of colorful curses in French. Some of them I'm not sure I've ever heard before. There is enough spoken to give a sailor a run for his money.

"We will need to go shopping to replace it. I'm going to call the insurance company after breakfast, but I doubt they will cover a bomb detonating." I sigh behind my mug. Natalie reaches over to give my thigh a reassuring squeeze. I give her a tight lip smile in return.

Jaxson shrugs. "We needed an upgrade with having Tee and Natalie joining us, anyway. Maybe this time we can get one with a huge bed we can all fit in."

His saying reminds me of a book series I once read with a rock band's tour bus having a bat-shaped headboard to its bed. How many people did it fit? Five guys and a girl? Maybe we can get one to fit all of us in bed together. We can put all the toys in the headboard just like that one. I don't want a bat, though. Just rustic wood would be good enough for me, maybe with hooks to tie each other up with it. I hum under my breath. I like that idea.

"Let's go after breakfast. We'll stop by Dolcezza's for lunch," Dominic rumbles, turning back to pour some more batter into the pan for the cannoli he is making. I nod, typing a note into my phone's calendar. I run an empire off this thing. Good thing we have a tech mastermind in the family, so my phone is entirely encrypted.

I was right in that insurance wouldn't cover a bomb blowing up the tour bus, which is fine. It's not as though Dominic or I can not cover the cost. Even my personal bank account has billions of dollars in it, the same as Dom's. Even if I'm technically dead, my father can not touch it or my offshore accounts or my secret personal one.

We found a black vehicle that has everything we need, including a large back area for a bed, storage, and six bunks. It also has heated floors, leather couches, a kitchenette, and an office space. Dominic hates how small the kitchens are in all of them, but he found one good enough for him.

We customize the vehicle first, adding a bed with storage and our logo on the outside. We also install bulletproof windows and siding for privacy and safety. Can't make it bombproof, but we can at least make sure it's bulletproof.