Chapter 21

Ryder

We find Natalie and Etienne loading up the truck with a new barrel saddle, flat-seat cutter saddle, and two roping saddles. She has halters and bridles as well. I love the smile on her face. They even got a roping dummy and some ropes for Etienne.

I think I might need to build them an outdoor arena to practice in, along with some steers. That might be a great surprise for him while we are gone.

I ride home with Callum so I can plan to make sure the new arena is done by the time we get home from the tour. I'll let the Aftermath Crew oversee the construction since they will stay home while we are gone.

When we arrived home, I knew something was wrong. Colton and the boys aren't home. They should be.

I call Colton as the others unload our hauls. Straight to voice mail. I called Lawson, the same result. Next, I try Quinn, but it's the same. Next, I called Erik. This time it connects, but he doesn't answer. I listen to what is happening in the background. It sounds like there is a fight.

I put my phone on speaker so I could trace the call. They are in a club in Palomino Bay that's in a warehouse on the docks. "Greyson, if you can hear me, we are on our way. I'm going to stay on the phone." I hope he heard me.

I put in my earbuds and texted my family to meet me back in the garage. They all run to me. "Aftermath is in trouble. I'm on the phone with Greyson. All I can hear is scuffling and fighting. Strap up and let's move."

When we arrive, we have to maneuver through sweaty dancing bodies in our to reach the back where we find men littering the dock behind the club. Men are laid out all over, and in the middle is our Aftermath Crew. Colton and Lawson are lying down while Erik and Quinn stand over them with glares. I hung up my phone finally.

"Aftermath," I snap with the words whipping off my tongue. Erik and Quinn's heads snap up to us. We circle them. "What the fuck happened?" I demand from the two that are conscious.

"Boss," Erik regards me with a cool detachment. I snap my fingers and Jaxson leaves, knowing what I want without me having to say a word.

"They picked fights, boss," Quinn says, his chocolate eyes glittering with violence in the dim lights from the club windows.

I say nothing, instead, I wait. Jaxson returns, throwing a five-gallon bucket of ice water right on top of Colton and Lawson. Both come awake with gasps, sitting straight up. Their faces are swollen and bloody, along with their knuckles.

Their eyes land on first Jaxson, then me. Their bodies stiffen. "You two are becoming pains in my ass. What is wrong with you?" I let my ire leak out briefly before making sure my icy calm takes over. When that happens, they can see it in my eyes, which causes all four of them to flinch.

"My day has already started deplorable and now here you four are putting a cherry on my shit sundae," I deadpan crossing my arms over my chest. My family is all mirroring my stance. "Get up Bennett and Ryker." They do as I command.

"Speak," Dominic's voice thunders.

Lawson's eyes meet mine with a defeat in his red eyes. I'm in a love-hate relationship with those contacts of his. "Tabby," he croaks out in a hoarse voice.

I cock an eyebrow. "What about your little artist? Is she hurt?" He shakes his head. "Under threat?" He shakes his head again.

"She hates me, now," he hiss through clenched teeth.

I inwardly groan. Give me the strength to deal with these damn idiots.

Natalie cantes her head to the side. "I thought that was the plan?" She asks him.