Chapter 38

Jaxson

"Kieran, look time no see. How are you, Col Gaolta?"

It's been a long time since I've seen my cousin. He is several years older than I, being almost a decade younger than his older Eoghan. I think the last time I saw him was the day before the coming-of-age ceremony my father held. I'm thankful his father didn't stay for that abuse. I might not look my cousin in the eye as I am now.

"Aye. I'm well, Jaxson. You look well and the happiest I've seen you see we were wee lads," Kieran replies, shaking my hand. When I smile at him, he pulls me into a half embrace where our hands are connected between the other arm reaches over shoulders to pat each other on the back. "I've missed hanging out with you," he says as we move away from one another.

I hear Etienne clear his throat. Is my whittle gator jealwous? I mentally coo. My master is adorable.

I walk over to my Cajun lover, wrapping my arm in his. "This is my wife, Tee," I say with a grin, introducing him to my favorite cousin.

"I warned, you bout dat, ma Doudou. Be punishing you when we get home, me." Goosebumps litter my flesh in delight. I just love it when he growls in my ears like this. I do things like calling him my wife just to receive one of his punishments. I live to be castigated by my wife and two husbands.

The two men shake hands.

"What's with the meeting? Why does the estate look like an empty mausoleum? I figured you'd have more in by now and remolded," Kieran comments, glancing around the dusty place.

I scoff at Kieran's words. "Like hell, I'd even want anything else to do with this hell hole. This place holds more misery for me than anything."

"Aye. So why are we here?" Kieran queries skeptically why I invited him out here, claiming we needed secrecy about this conversation.

"I'm giving you the O'Dwyer mob. With the stipulation, my younger runs it alongside. Dual heads are better than one from what I've learned," I answer him.

"I didn't know you had a younger brother."

"Yeah. It was a punishment for Ma. He was adopted by an FBI couple. He would be an asset to keep the IRA off the family's tail. One you're now in charge of. I have enough on my plate with running businesses, being an assassin, a rockstar, a college student, and a husband."

"Sorry. Sorry. I know I'm late. Lucifer wouldn't let Remy and I out of bed," my little brother Owen offers as he walks inside the old mansion that was my childhood prison.

He sees Kieran and offers him a hand while introducing himself. "I'm looking forward to learning from each other." So am I. I think they will be a powerhouse of a team.

Kieran shakes his hand. "I look forward to working with you too, Col Gaolta."

"Good!" I chirp, bouncing on my toes. Etienne places one of his large, tattooed hands on my head. I become still under his touch. His calming energy puts my frantic energy at ease.

"We are also here to torch this place in a controlled setting. The fire department should arrive shortly to the fire contained while this prison is nothing but ash," I exclaim excitedly.

"I've got the c4 and the accelerant in the truck. Luci loaded the truck before he distracted us," Owen says.

Kieran arches a brow. I shrug. "You know how my uncles and Da were. Can you say you're surprised I want this place to disappear permanently?" He shakes his head at my words.

"What are you going to do with the land?" Kieran asks.

That's a good question. I don't want it. I don't care what happens to it. I was paid for in O'Dwyer blood and money. I have nothing to do with the mob from now on unless they are paying me to kill someone, that is.