Chapter 40

Callum

"Dolcezza!" Dominic's furious roar from inside the house be heard the moment we opened the door to the pool house. I want to pull Ali back inside, where she would be safe from the demon's wrath. I know he wouldn't hurt her, but my knee-jerk reaction is to protect her and then kill him first before he can hurt her.

Ali laughs. "Yay! My cousin is here!" she exclaims, running for the patio door before I can catch her.

I sit beside Ryder. "Cousin?"

"Ouïs. She said not to kill him or the men he has brought."

"You agreed?"

"Of course, I did."

"Ce que l'ange veut, l'ange obtient."

"Precisely, l'époux. What Angel wants; Angel gets."

Amy slaps her husband on the arm. "Why can't you get me what I want, Mike?"

"Woman, I'm not spending three-thousand dollars on a shaggy cow you have no time for," Mike remands while Amy pouts.

"Ryder would get Ali, one."

"Ryder would buy her a herd of them. He wouldn't stop at getting her just one," I rasp and then laugh.

Amy's eyes light up. Ryder nods. "Dominic bought this whole ranch and the horses for her. She got a custom motorcycle from us for Christmas. We pay for everything. It's not like we can't afford it," Ryder explains with a wave of his hand, dismissing the conversation.

"Keywords, my darling wife, they can afford it. We can't. I'm a journalist and you are a teacher. So, no cow," Mike explains to Amy, who narrows her eyes at him before glancing away offended.

"Should we be in there with Ange?" I question curiously if we need to go save her from Dom's wrath.

"Nope," he drawls, popping the p. "If they make it past Dom, then maybe they have a chance to be a Death Kings team.

"Death Kings. I like the name, mon frere. Fitting."

"Ali and think so too."

Ali walks out cackling with a trail of men behind her. I pull my hood over my head as she sits in Ryder's lap. "Hey Foxy, when was the last time you saw someone take Domi by surprise?"

"Four years. Why?"

"Because Kage did," she says with a grin toward the medium brown-haired man with olive eyes and a short thin beard that is multicolored.

Kage steps forward, walking towards us. He reaches a hand out. "Kage Raiden. I'm Ali's older cousin." Ryder shakes his hand and then I stand to do the same.

"Ryder Fuchs-Jamison, I'm her husband. This is my cousin and her other husband, Callum Moreau," he says, introducing us.

"Nice to meet you both. Behind me are my friends. Griffen Danahue, he is the leader of our group," he gestures to the black-haired man with dark eyes. He gives us a two-fingered salute. "Next to him is Duncan Shaw." This one is pale-skinned with glasses, as if he doesn't see them often until the others who are all tan. "Next to him is..." he pauses, clearing his throat before he introduced the man with reddish brown hair, "Avery Berenger." Avery nods at us. "Next to Aves is Ajax, also known as Grif's charity case." The blonde hair with a beard and manic eyes flicks his middle finger at Kage. "Next to that psycho is..."

"Finley Saber," Ali finishes for him excitedly.

Ryder and I shared mirroring, 'what the fuck' looks. "Angel," Ryder rumbles threatening.