Chapter 45

Natalie

"Hey, Hellcat! Ali, despierta belleza. I'm not getting a body part broken if I touch any of these guys to get to you." I hear a whisper yell. "Por favor, mamacita. Despierta!"

Half groggy I almost panic at the words spoken in Spanish, thinking Alejandro had risen from the dead. Then I remember my Domi covered in blood holding the decapitated head of the man Jaxson and I skinned alive until he bled to death. That nightmare is dead. My Kings and I saw to that. The Aftermath Crew are still cursing at us for that mess they had to clean up.

I crack my eyes open looking around for the voice. Sitting up, I find Finley at the foot of the bed. That's right, Kage and his friends stayed the night with us since they drove in from the east.

"Buenos dias hermosa. I thought we could spend some time together today and catch up on life. ¿Como estas realmente?" I smile at his words. Finley Saber is the only person other than Kage and my brothers who knows to ask me that. It's my cue that they aren't going to buy into my bullshit of everything is fine, even though it's not.

I wiggle out from between the bodies of Ryder and Callum. Even with this humongous bed the size of two California kings put together, we sleep snuggled up together toward the center. Finley helps me with my outstretched arm so I can stand and carefully walk over the limbs of my husbands. Just before I make it to the edge, a foot hooks my ankle. Judging by the black polish and music sheets printed on the feet, it must be Callum who caught me.

"What do you think you are going, épouse?" Cal rasps. I have learned that the final word is wife in French. I turn around to face him. He is fully awake and scanning the room.

The fact he was so easy to rouse and he immediately as my heart ache for him. I can't imagine what he went through as a boy at the hands of his sister to make him this way. He is even my sensitive than Jaxson who was abused the most by his family's "training" to make him into a weapon they could use. All my boys were from abusive households and I'm thankful that was never the case with my family. I had loving parents and fiercely protective older brothers.

"To have coffee with Fin."

"Okay," he replies gruffly, releasing me to move into Fin's arms.

With his hands on my hips over my silk night-grown, he sets me down on my feet. "You're body has filled out more than the last time I saw you," Finley comments which has a lower rumble coming from the bed.

Callum is sitting up, his shoulder bunched as though he is about to stab my old friend at any moment.

I smack Fin on the peck with the back of my hand, stepping away from him. "Stop being cheeky before you stabbed in the kidney for it."

Finley grins. "No sé de qué estás hablando."

"I call bullshit. You do too know what I'm talking about, Perro Tonto." I tease him back and look at Cal whose head is cocked as he observes us.

He shakes his head at me, realizing I treat Finley similar to how I treat my brothers and brothers-in-love. He crawls to the foot of the bed. On his knees, he reaches out for me and I put my cheek in his palm. "I'm getting I shower. Change clothes before you head downstairs, s'il te plait mon amour." He kisses me deeply.

"I will, my shadow king. I love you." I assure him feeling he needs that right now.

"Je t'aime aussi, Ange," he replies huskily before giving my lips a peck and walking into the bathroom.

"I've never seen you this happy. I was afraid they forced you to be with them."

"They sort of did. Also, they are the best thing to ever happen to me." Finley looks at me with a mixture of shock and curiosity. "Let me get dressed and I'll tell you about it," I say pushing him out the door.

"I'll see you downstairs, Hermosa." He winks at me as I shut the door.

Before I get dressed, I think I'll join Cal in the shower.