Chapter 42

Dominic

"Need any help with dinner?" Natalie asks as I'm about to place the tiramisu in the oven. She hops on the counter I had just wiped down. She is now in dry clothing of shorts and one of Tee's shirts.

"I'm done, Dolcezza. What do you really want?" I ask her knowing she isn't just in my kitchen to help me cook. She doesn't cook. She wants something else from me, I just need to learn what.

She chews on the inside corner of her bottom lip. "Ryder just gave my cousin and his team codenames. Do you think controlling and training mercenary teams is a good idea?"

My eyebrows furrow in concentration on how best to answer her. "I allow my uncle to lead the Zanetti mafia for the reason of I don't want to control a whole organization if I can avoid it. I want to focus on my cooking and owning restaurants. I know myself though. I need the outlet from my anger that boxing and bloodshed provide so training new generations to eventually feel our shoes is a great idea. If the Cards Royalty disappeared completely it would create a vacuum for worse than us to fill it. I would rather that not happen."

"Rye is going to Bear about how best to be sanctioned by the government so that they will use us when the screwed up justice system fails. Do you think that is a good idea? We are all murderers."

"Yes, we are murderers. We are morally gray monsters. We are death for those who cross us. We live like kings hidden behind the power of the almighty dollar. Why not work with the government to cover our asses even further. We will hide in plain sight. I see nothing but positives to our new venture."

"I feel as though we are going to corrupt Ransom and his friends," she says.

I pull her knees apart and step between them. "You saw what Gerhardt did to that boy. Ransom became tainted the moment the old wolf learned of his existence. As far as the other boys, Carson's a sneaky little shit. Aren't you?"

Carson steps out into the kitchen from his hiding spot behind the wall. "How did you know I was there?"

I smirk. "I've known since you went to the bathroom and did come back though. Did find anything interesting in our home yet?"

"The blue room looks like it's made for torture. Is it a sex dungeon?"

I chuckle at him. "That's my bedroom, piccola merda." The boy's eyes widen at the knowledge.

"It is a sex dungeon! That's my favorite room," Natalie gasps through her laughter.

I shake my head at her still gaffing quietly. "Did you find out anything else?" I ask the boy.

"You all recently graduated high school. There is a paper article in the office that says Ryder is dead. He is obviously alive."

"We are the only ones who know that. As far as the world is concerned he is dead, for now."

"Once Ransom's sperm donor is removed from the board of this game that is life, he will make a miraculous resurrection. But until then, he is dead. Understand?" Natalie informs the little spy.

"Yes. I saw the other about how you are supposed in prison awaiting trial on murder changes. That's another fabrication, I assume?" The blonde boy asks.

Natalie smiles at him. "Fabrication, nice word. Yes. Another lie to deceive the old wolf."

"You guys are going to use Ransom. He is a pawn on your board to take out the opposing side, which is currently Gerhardt Fuchs," Carson states.

"That's correct. Molto bene, ragazzo," I rumble impressed with the boy.

"Gerhardt deserves to die. He hurt my sister's dog. My dad found out Gerhardt is part of a sex trafficking ring. He has a list of names that he is investigating to get proof so he can expose them. They are all rich like Ransom's sperm donor."