Chapter 20

Jases' POV

"I want to join."

I felt as though I was in a daze, just looking at her gave me butterflies. I can't believe I was so mean to her. But when she said that, it was like a bus hit my head.

What? Why would she want to join. I mean it's fun..... But it's too dangerous. She could get hurt!

"What? But- but why?"

Blake had this look. A look that said 'I need to go.'

"I just. I just thought about joining. I've always wanted too....."

She trailed off and it seemed as though that was not the real reason. Maybe a bit truthful, but not much.

"Blakely. Please tell me the truth."

She looked down at the floor. When she spoke, I could barely hear her, but I did.

"I want to prove to my brother that I am worth something. Heck, he doesn't even want me to be his sister. I don't even know why! I just want to do something to show him I'm not worthless," she whispered. Lifting her head up, I could see the tears. I knew the situation she was in with her brother.

~~ Before incident ~~

I was just about to know I on the door of the Styles family. I needed to see if Harry finished that project for my mom. I mean we almost finished it when I was here last, the last time I seen Blake. Kissed her.

I had asked him to write a song for my mom since her birthday was coming up. However, before I could reach the door, Harry and some guy came walking up the steps.

"Ah Harry! I was just looking for you. I was wondering if you had the song done? Oh. Hey Niall, right?"

The man by Harry looked up.
"Ya that is me. And you are....."

I stepped forward with my hand extended, shaking his hand.

"Jase. Jase Myers."

"Oh ya! Harry told me about you. He asked for some help with the song writing. I have to say, it's preeetttyyyy good," he said, making the word pretty drag out a little.

"Well I only expect the best from you guys," I joked with a laugh at the end.

Niall laughed along until I looked over at Harry. His face was pained and looked to his right, in the distance.

"Hey Harry. You okay mate?"

He slowly looked over at me and nodded his head.

"I gotta use the toilet so I'm gonna head inside." Niall opened the door and went inside.

"You okay man?" I asked again. I knew he wasn't just by the way he looked.

And I was right. He shook his head no this time. He looked really pained and bothered by something.

I walked up next to him and had him sit down on the first step. "What happened?"

"Blake..... She-she..."

I looked at him confusingly.

"She what?"

A tear escaped his eye and looked up at the sky.

Then he told me everything.

"Why don't you want them to know she's your sister?"

"When she left, I was broken. I didn't even know she left until I came home after the X factor with the boys, and when my mom told me the reason why, I was even more broken. She was my little sister, my everything. I knew that if I told the boys, I knew one would fall for her, yes, and I didn't want that, but it would also somehow get out to the media. And when that happened, the fans would send her hate. If they were as bad as they were with Gemma in the beginning, I don't know what I would have done. I didn't want her to go through all that hate if she had to already go through the abuse here. I couldn't do that."