chapter two

a friend of a friend

i wasn't expecting the overwhelming positive response for just the first chapter of this story, so i've decided to give y'all a second update to show my appreciation! i love you guys! enjoy the chapter!

choi soomin

"i'm home!" i yell to no one in particular as i set my keys on the table and slide my shoes off. i turn around, heading into the kitchen, preparing to heat up some leftovers of some kind before i holed myself up in my room for the rest of the night. "oh, hey yeonjun." i wave, slightly startled at the fact that he was in the kitchen.

"hey, soomin." he waves back.

"where's soobin?" i ask, pulling open the fridge, my eyes scanning over its contents.

"upstairs."

"so why are you down here?"

"i wanted some fresh air." he shrugs as i look over to him.

"fresh air in the kitchen?" i furrow my brows, turning back around to pull out a bowl of leftovers.

"yeah..." he trails off.

"okay..." i nod slowly, reaching into the cupboard for a clean bowl. "oh hey, did soobin ever ask you about a guy named minho, works at the school library?"

"oh, yeah. lee minho, him and changbin are good friends."

"really? him and changbin?" i ask, feeling excited that minho was close to someone i knew decently well thanks to yeonjun.

"yeah. he's older though, doesn't go to the university, just works there." he explains.

"how much older?"

"about three years, i believe." i found myself smiling, happy that he was close enough to my age.

"is he single?" i blurt out, unable to control my thoughts.

"you'll have to ask changbin." he shrugs.

"good idea." i tell him, pulling my phone from my pocket and pulling up his contact.

"i admire how bold you are." he chuckles, leaning against the counter.

"what do you mean?"

"you see someone you like, and you go for them." he explains.

"oh. well i don't know if you've seen this lee minho, but he is the finest man i've ever laid eyes on. i would be stupid to not at least try." i laugh.

"fair enough." he nods, pushing himself off the counter. "good luck." he says before leaving the kitchen, his footsteps echoing through the house as he goes back upstairs. i click the call button on changbin's contact, putting it on speaker and placing it on the counter next to me as i start to scoop the leftovers into my new bowl. the phone rings a few times, and finally, he picks up.

"hey, soomin?" changbin's tone was questioning. i knew it was because i had never called him before, we weren't that close.

"hey, changbin. what are you up to?" i ask.