chapter eight

this undeniable feeling

tension won the vote for an early update, so here it is!!! enjoy <33

choi soomin

"are you laughing?" i ask with wide eyes, letting go of him to see his facial expression. he was, in fact, laughing. "how are you laughing?"

"i'm... just so... happy." he speaks between laughter.

"happy? soobin, she's cheating on you!" maybe he didn't quite understand what i said the first time.

"i know! it's great!" he says with a wide smile. i furrow my brows.

"have you gone mad?" i ask him, pressing the back of my hand against his forehead, feeling for a temperature. he continues laughing, pushing my hand away.

"now i have an excuse to break up with her!"

"you— what?" i was beyond confused. "since when have you wanted to break up with her?"

"listen, i'll explain later. i have to go. thank you so much, soomin." he pulls me into a bone crushing hug before standing up and practically sprinting across campus.

"but you're my ride home!" i yell after him, a useless action as he was already far out of earshot. "ugh..." i mumble, pulling my phone from my pocket. i really didn't feel like walking home today.

"soobin!" someone calls, causing me to turn my head. lia was walking in my direction. "hey, soobin." she greets me.

"um... i'm not soobin." i purse my lips at her.

"right, sorry, you guys just look so alike." she laughs.

"i— he's a boy-"

"anyway, i'd appreciate if you just ignored what you saw in there. i'm not sure why he did that." i stare at her expressionless, not even caring to respond. "okay... thanks, bye!" she waves, quickly walking away. i shake my head, trying to forget the last fifteen seconds as i search through my contacts.

chan's contact caught my eye, him and i had gotten a little close over the last twenty-four hours. so he was my best shot at a ride home, otherwise, i'd be walking. i press the call button, bringing the phone to my ear, quietly humming as i wait for him to pick up.

"what's up?" he answers.

"hey, are you busy right now?" i ask, not wanting to ask right away. i knew he was the kind of person to stop what he was doing to help someone else.

"nope, i'm just walking to my car right now."

"do you think you could give me a ride?"

"sure. where's soobin?" he answers with zero hesitance.

"he kind of ran off after..." i trail off, unsure if i should tell him about what i saw in the library. he was minho's friend, and i didn't want him to think i was thinking badly of minho. even though i was.

"after?" chan questions, my pause becoming too long.

"after we finished studying." not exactly a lie, just not the whole truth.