chapter thirty-eight

try not to fall apart

YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKING FUNNY IM IN TEARSSSSSS BAHAHAHA but listen yall— i don't want to finish this story too soon, so this is the last double update you guys will get— SO YOU BETTER ENJOY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choi soomin

as i pull into the driveway, a man i didn't quite recognize walks out of the house, immediately coming to the passenger side of the car. i furrow my eyebrows as he pulls it open, looking over chan.

"who...?" i question.

"oh! hey, i'm jisung. changbin called and said chan got hurt, so i thought i'd give him some company." he quickly introduces himself, smiling widely at me. "thanks for driving him home, you must be soomin." he concludes.

"that's me." i nod, turning the car off.

"well, i've got it from here. you should go inside. minho's waiting for you." my heart dropped at his words. did he know what minho wanted to talk about?

"do you know why he wants to talk?" i ask, if he could just give me a little bit of something to go off of, maybe i wouldn't be so nervous.

"you should just go." he urges, sending me a pitiful smile. great. that made me feel worse. i nod weakly, placing chan's car keys in his lap as i climb out of the car. a sigh escaping my lips as i walk up to the door, as slowly as i could. i don't even bother knocking, hoping that i could get just a few more moments to gather myself before seeing him. i didn't even know what this was about, yet i felt like a kindergartener, getting punished for drawing on the walls.

my hope to get a few more moments quickly dissapated as minho was leaned up against the wall, arms crossed, gaze focused on the floor as if he was waiting for me. he instantly looks up, locking his gaze with mine, my breath getting caught in my throat. he doesn't say anything, only motioning for me to come towards him. of course i listened, my legs carrying me before i could even think about it.

eventually i was stood in front of him, looking at him as if he had just caught me in the middle of committing a terrible crime. his eyes held a look of sadness as he gazed over my own expression. what had i done?

"are you sleeping with someone else?" the question shocked me, it wasn't at all what i was expecting.

"what? no." i tell him instantly, no ounce of hesitation. why would he think something like that?

"then who is seungmin?" my eyes widen at the mention of his name. i knew i hadn't mentioned the other boy around him, only calling him my friend, and referring to his place as felix's place. though i wasn't sure why i felt the need to hide so much from him, considering in the end, nothing ever happened between seungmin and i, besides two distracted kisses.

"he's my friend, he lives with felix." i explain.

"so you were with him today." his tone came out almost bitter.

"well, yeah..." i nod.

"are you sleeping with him?" he asks again.

"no! he's just a friend." i tell him honestly. he lets out a frustrated sigh.

"you go on dates with friends?"