chapter twelve

space is just a word

choi soomin

a gasp escapes my lips as i land on the bed next to him with a plop, his hand still wrapped loosely around my wrist.

"minho-"

"i heard you and chan." he states.

"well that somehow makes this more embarrassing..." i mumble, mostly talking to myself, but i knew he heard. he chuckles slightly.

"but you might want to leave~" he mocks. i roll my eyes, yanking my hand from his loose grip. "so why did you really come up here?" he asks.

"what?"

"well, i know you aren't really gonna ask to sleep with me. so what was your plan?"

"how can you be so sure?" i cock an eyebrow, gaining a little bit of confidence, but it didn't last very long with the way his expression almost instantly darkened.

"oh?" he cocks his head to the side, angling his body towards me as well.

"it's... it's no secret that i'm attracted to you." i tell him, the shaking of my voice causing me to groan mentally. just go for it.

"yeah? tell me more." his deep seductive voice not faltering for even a moment, he was clearly a lot more confident than i was. and fuck, he was so attractive. the way he would move his head to stay in my line of vision at all times. his gaze remaining seductive. minho chuckles at my silence, bringing a hand up to tug on my bottom lip with his thumb.

i froze as he slowly pulled down my lip, his eyes dragging down my face before stopping at where his finger held my lip. i let out a shaky breath as he slowly pulls his own bottom lip between his teeth, the sight making me feel weak at the knees.

"i'll make a deal with you." he starts, my brows furrowing in confusion and slight disappointment as he releases my lip. "once you stop acting like i'm some kind of bad guy, then we'll talk."

"talk about what?" i ask, still confused, and definitely not craving for his touch.

"this." he allows his hand to travel to the back of my neck, fingers tangling in the roots of my hair as he presses his lips against mine. my eyes flutter closed as a satisfied moan leaves my lips, the sound muffled by his own lips. his grip on me tightened slightly from the sound as he slid his tongue across my bottom lip before pulling it between his teeth. fuck he was good.

he pulls away much too quickly for my liking, my own hands reaching up to pull on the back of his neck, practically begging for more, but he doesn't budge. he only licks his lips as he gently reaches back to remove my hands from him.

"now," he starts, swiping his thumb across my lower lip, removing the bit of saliva he had left there. "i'm gonna go help chan cook." he smirks, standing up from the bed and leaving the room. leaving me a puddled mess of desire and confusion. i hear chan and minho starting to talk, curiosity getting the better of me as i creep to the top of the stairs.

"what are you doing with her?" chan asks.

"what do you mean?" minho retorts.

"changbin says that soobin is really protective over her." chan responds.

"from what i've seen, soobin likes me." i could hear the slight chuckle in minho's words.

"that's why i asked what you're doing with her. cause i think everyone knows she's whipped for you." i felt heat spread across my face at chan's words.

"i think you have it all wrong." my brows furrowed, wondering what minho thought if not the same as what everyone else did.

"what do you mean?" chan asks the question i was thinking. and then, minho spoke again, but his tone was significantly quieter, and i was unable to make out his words from the top of the stairs. i panicked slightly as i heard the two boys making their way towards the base of the stairs, turning on my heels a little too slowly.

"i told you." minho chuckles.

"eavesdropper." chan jokes. i turn back around the face the two boys.

"i wasn't eavesdropping, i was leaving." i retort.

"then why were you turned around? the door is down here." chan teases.

"i forgot my phone."

"you mean the one in your hand?" minho cocks an eyebrow. i roll my eyes, practically stomping down the stairs. the two boys watch in amusement as i finally reach the base of the stairs.

"for your information, i am not whipped for him." i tell chan, shooting a small glare towards minho, who continues to look at me with amusement.

"so you were eavesdropping." chan smirks.

"i'm going home."

"do you want me to drive you?" minho asks, his tone teasing.

"no." i deadpan, heading to their door, pulling it open and quickly closing it behind me. i hear the two boys burst into laughter behind the door, and it took everything in me to not open it back up and slap the both of them.

i grumble angrily to myself as i make the short walk back to my house. contemplating why i was even there in the first place. to get back at minho? i had my chance, and i froze up like a virgin. i hated the feeling that minho had the upper hand on me in situations like that.

i hated that his words lingered in the back of my head, that i could still feel his lips grazing over mine. the amount of times he's left me craving for more, pining. i hated it. but i couldn't deny how it feels to be in his hands, anticipating his next move.

but he was a dick. total eye-candy, but a dick. a pompous jerk, arrogant. of course, all things i could disregard for a quick fuck, but i didn't want to. despite his words, i still believed he was some kind of bad guy. he seemed too used to getting what he wanted, but i could play the long game.

sure, the thought of not feeling his lips on mine again, at least for a while, was daunting. but i was far too prideful to fall at his feet, and claim him to be the nice guy when i was definitely not convinced of any such thing. i won't give him that satisfaction.

his kiss told me a lot of things. first thing being that he is an even better kisser than i could have ever imagined. second thing being that he tastes of mint with the slightest hint of strawberry. and the third, and most important thing being that he wanted me too. it was only a matter of time before he broke under the pressure of not getting what he wanted.

if he wants me to admit that he's not a bad guy, he's going to have to prove it.