chapter thirty-seven

heavy on trust

choi soomin

"and then he asked if he could kiss me."

"did you say yes?" kara asks, slapping her hand over her mouth as if i just told her the juiciest drama.

"i did... but it didn't go very far."

"what do you mean?"

"i guess he could tell i wasn't really into it, because all i could think about was minho." i shrug.

"damn. thinking about someone else while you're kissing him? ouch." she scoffs.

"it wasn't intentional! moral of the story is, seungmin and i are just friends. and he thinks i should tell minho how i feel."

"i've been telling you that for how long?" she raises an eyebrow.

"it helps to get different perspectives, i guess." i shrug.

"well, are you going to do it?"

"i think so... tomorrow." i tell her.

"well why not tonight?" she furrows her brows.

"seungmin invited me over again. chan is coming too, apparently felix wants to host a game night. besides, i need some time to figure out how to tell him."

"oh." she nods.

"did you want to come? i'm sure felix would enjoy the extra company."

"no that's okay, i actually have something to do." she waves me off.

"oh? what are you doing?" i ask.

"none of your business." she speaks rather coldly.

"ouch... okay..." i trail off, shocked by her sudden rude tone.

"actually, i should get going now. no time to waste. what time are you going to be at seungmin's?" she asks.

"um... i think chan will be here in about two hours. why-"

"well have fun. i'll see you around." she stands up abruptly, leaving the house without another word.

well that was weird.

-

"left foot on green." felix giggles as he flicks the spinner once more.

"how the fuck do you expect me to do that? i'm not a goddamn acrobat..." chan mumbles angrily, as he attempts to practically bend in half to place his left foot on a green circle. oh the joys of twister.

"ow! that was my fucking eye!" hyunjin curses, lifting his hand up to hold his eye in pain.

"hyunjin! put your arm back down i'm gonna-" jeongin's voice cuts off as he struggles to hold his balance.

"jeongin don't you dare!" changbin scolds.

"changbin, put your muscles to use and hold us!" i yell, feeling the whole pile start to wobble.