chapter thirty

backtracking

choi soomin

"i can't believe hyunjin fell down the stairs, are you sure he's okay?" i chuckle, pulling my seatbelt over my body. seungmin does the same, placing the keys in the ignition.

"i'm sure, he does it often." he laughs.

"that's concerning."

"it's just hyunjin, you get used to it. where did you say you live again?" he asks, putting the car in reverse.

"oh right!" i reach over, grabbing his phone and unlocking it, having gotten his passcode from him at some point during the movie. i open up his gps app, and type in my address before connecting his phone to his car. "it's not too far from here, i appreciate the ride though! i could have called chan or soobin-"

"it's no trouble at all, i don't mind." he waves off my concerns as he starts to drive down the road.

"well, today was a lot of fun, your friends are kind of crazy." i laugh.

"yeah, you get used to that as well." he slides his hand off the gear shift, letting it rest on my side of the center console, had he moved it a little further, his hand would be on my thigh. i felt the overwhelming urge to place it there, but of course, minho popped into my mind.

i felt a sudden wave of awkwardness fill the car. i could sense that he was half-expecting me to place his hand on my thigh, or maybe half expecting himself to do it. i wasn't sure if i should do it myself, i didn't want to be in the same situation with two different people. seungmin hadn't showed any romantic interest in me, only sexual interest. i couldn't get in that situation with another person. i had to limit our physical contact. whatever happens, happens, i wasn't going to force anything.

the rest of the car ride went by quietly, seungmin eventually deciding to play quiet music, paired with the soft voice of the gps. it has gotten dark, and the comfortable drive quickly made me sleepy. i leaned my head against the window, my eyes slowly closing as i watched the trees go by, lit up by dim street lights.

-

"hey soomin, wake up." a warm hand touches my thigh, gently shaking it. i lift my head from the window, turning to face seungmin, who kept his hand on my thigh.

"oh... sorry, i didn't mean to fall asleep." i yawn slightly, glancing down at his hand.

"i don't mind, it's a little late." he chuckles, gently rubbing his thumb along the skin of my thigh, the feeling giving me slight goosebumps. "when are you free next?" he asks.

"oh, i'm hanging out with a friend tomorrow, but i should be free the next day!" i smile.

"perfect, how do you feel about lunch?" he tilts his head to the side slightly, his fluffy brown hair falling cutely across his forehead.

"sure! i get out of class at noon." i tell him, silently admiring the way the street lights reflected in his eyes.

"okay, i'll pick you up after class then." he matches my smile, and of course, i didn't miss the way his eyes glanced down to my lips. i was already getting a different vibe from seungmin. he was asking me to lunch, not asking me to come over. maybe there were romantic feelings?