chapter twenty-nine

drawing lines through endless circles

choi soomin

"what kind of library doesn't have a spicy book section?" kara pouts as she sits back down next to me. soobin rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"a school library." he deadpans. she sticks her tongue out at him.

"will you guys cut it out." i snap at them.

"is that a hickey?" kara questions, pulling down the collar of my shirt. "you actually got with someone at the party?" she asks wide-eyed.

"something like that." i shrug, pulling my collar back
up. soobin scoffs.

"it's minho." he tells her.

"oh? you slept with him that night? lucky. he's a hard shell to crack. completely turned me down." she shrugs. i tried to not let her words bother me. biting the inside of my cheek as i let out a hollow laugh. "his loss." soobin snorts.

"i beg to differ."

"please. one night with me will turn you straight." she winks at him.

"i think my dick actually just got smaller." he fake gags. i couldn't help it as a small laugh escaped my lips.

"you always take his side." kara pouts.

"twin brother trumps fake best friend." soobin prods. i roll my eyes, knowing there was nothing i could do to stop their arguing.

"fake best friend?" kara asks offended. "you're just jealous."

"i have nothing to be jealous over." the vibrating of my phone pulls me away from the nonstop arguing. a smile etching onto my face as i read the text message.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

hey, soomin! it's
seungmin. are you free
tonight?

hey seungmin! good
to hear from you!

-

i pause from my texting, glancing up at minho. as usual, he stood behind the counter, head resting in his hand as he read a book. cute round glasses sliding down his perfect nose.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

i am free tonight!
why?

well, me and a few of
my friends are hanging
out tonight. i was
wondering if you'd like
to join?

we'll just be watching
a movie and eating
pizza.

sure! sounds fun!
where will it be?

the same house as
the party! it's my frat's
house. but it'll just be
you, me, and four
others.

okay, what time?

in an hour if you
can make it.

i'll be there.

can't wait!

-

"anyone else would agree with me! you're like a helicopter parent!" kara's voice fills my ears once again. the two of them were still arguing.