chapter six

a sudden change of heart

choi soomin

"so you kissed him on the cheek, and ran away?" soobin questions, having finally got me to tell him the whole story as we ate in the dining hall.

"yup." i nod, frowning as i take a bite from my sandwich.

"why did you run away?" he questions.

"he has a girlfriend, and i was drunk." i shrug, in my mind, running away was the best option.

"did he push you away?"

"well, no-"

"did he look grossed out?"

"i don't think so-"

"did he tell you to stop?"

"no, what's with all the questions?" i put my hand on his arm to get him to pause for a moment.

"so he didn't show any signs of not liking it, yet you still ran away?" he cocks an eyebrow at me.

"soobin, even if he pulled me back in for more, i still would have ran away. he has a girlfriend." i didn't understand what part of that he wasn't grasping. "you have a girlfriend, you wouldn't want anyone kissing you just because you didn't tell them to stop." his eyes widen for a moment before breaking eye contact with me, suddenly looking at his food like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"right..." he trails off. i furrow my brows.

"okay, what is going on with you?"

"what? nothing's going on with me." he shrugs.

"come on. i told you about minho." i pout. he chuckles, but i knew it wasn't sincere.

"there's nothing to tell."

"soobin, you know damn well we can't lie to each other." i cross my arms, looking at him expectantly. he only groans.

"look, i'll tell you when there's something to tell." he says sternly. but i was unsatisfied.

"what does that even mean?" he looks at me with pleading eyes, as if genuinely begging me to not press further on this. "okay... but, are you okay?" i question, feeling slightly worried by his seriousness.

"i'm fine." he nods.

"so, you kissed minho." chan suddenly appears, plopping his tray down next to mine as he quickly sits down. i groan, dropping my head to the table. i didn't think i could get through another explanation.

"on the cheek." soobin tells him. "and then, she ran away." he chuckles, causing chan to chuckle as well.

"what are we laughing about?" changbin questions, taking a seat beside soobin.

"why are you here? you don't even go here." i lift my head from the table to cock an eyebrow at him.

"well i was supposed to eat with yeonjun, but he suddenly ran out of the dining hall." he shrugs at the memory.