chapter eleven

moving too fast

here is the double update y'all asked for ;)))

choi soomin

"this is so stupid..." i mumble to myself, shoving my hands in the pockets of my coat. but despite my words, i make no effort to turn around, heading straight for chan and minho's house. after minho left, i stayed on the couch, my mind running rampant with dirty thoughts. i was unsatisfied with the way he left me, and after a quick pep talk, i decided to get back at him.

their house quickly came into view, only, minho's car wasn't in the driveway, only chan's. maybe he's parked in the garage. i think to myself, trudging up the driveway, not losing the drive i had for this mission i've given myself. i refused to be the only one pining in this weird dynamic minho and i had created for ourselves.

i lift my hand from my pocket, placing a calm knock on the front door, taking a few steps back as i wait for it to
open. but once it finally does, it is chan who is at the door.

"soomin, hey! how was the ride with minho?" he asks, leaning against the door frame.

"where is he?" i ask, ignoring his question.

"minho? he's not here." chan shrugs.

"he said he was going home, though." i pout slightly, i could tell chan was amused by my reaction.

"you miss him already?" he teases.

"what? no." i scoff.

"then why are you here looking for him?" he raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"i'm not, i'm just making sure he's not here." i retort.

"you came here just to make sure he wasn't here?" he cocks an eyebrow.

"no, i wanted to talk to you." i lie. "i just didn't want him to be here."

"you could have called and asked. what would you have done if he was here?" his tone still teasing.

"then i would make you come back to my place with me." i reply confidently.

"i don't think minho would like that." he smirks slightly. i roll my eyes.

"what do you even mean by that— actually, nevermind i don't care, can i come in?" i ask.

"of course." he steps to the side, allowing me to walk in. "what did you want to talk about?" i stay silent for a moment, trying to think of something to actually talk about since that wasn't my original reason for coming here.

"about minho's girlfriend." not a bad idea considering i was still so confused about the whole thing. chan being the one who told me about her, yet he also seems to encourage the two of us getting together.

"what about her?"

"minho says he's not dating anyone."

"oh, okay." chan shrugs. i furrow my brows at him.

"so..." i urge him to say more.

"what?"

"you told me he is dating someone, but he says he's not." i elaborate, waiting for him to connect the dots.

"so then he's not dating anyone." chan states.

"but you said-"

"i guess i was wrong. they must have ended things. i told you i hadn't seen her in a while."

"i think you would know if your best friend was dating someone or not." i retort.

"no actually, minho is very private."