chapter sixteen

some things aren't meant to last

choi soomin

i groan, stretching as i roll over in the bed. my eyes opening carefully to take in the room, only, it wasn't the same room i fell asleep in. i was in chan's room? i furrow my brows, sitting up in the bed, quickly noticing that all of my clothes were on, the white button up being a lot more buttoned up than i remember having it when i came.

part of me started to think i dreamt it all, but the slight pain between my legs told me otherwise. so why was i in chan's room? i look to the ground, noticing a sleeping chan on the floor, his head resting on a small pillow, and his body covered with a thin blanket.

"chan, wake up." i mumble to him. he stirs in his sleep, opening his eyes just a few seconds later.

"huh?" he mumbles, rubbing his eyes.

"why am i in here?" i ask him.

"i was hoping you could tell me." he yawns, sitting up to look at me. his face puffy, hair curly and messy.

"where's minho?"

"he left." chan shrugs. "so why are you in here?"

"i don't know, last i remember i was with minho." chan looks up at me, cocking an eyebrow at the words.

"oh? with minho, huh?" he teases.

"yeah... we..." i trail off, looking away from him.

"actually?" he sounded surprised. i nod. "hell yeah, it's about time." he chuckles, standing up to high five me. but i only pouted slightly. "what's wrong? was it not as good as you imagined?" he asks, poking my side.

"no, it was better. i just... don't know why i woke up in here."

"i mean, you guys just fucked. it's not like it was anything more." he reasons. right. so why did i expect more?

"right. i'm gonna go home." i nod, pulling chan's blankets off of me. my legs still weak as they make contact with the floor, but thankfully, i could hold myself up.

"hey, are you okay?" he asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"i'm fine, just weak legs." i chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. luckily chan smirks, now patting my shoulder.

"do you need a ride?" he offers.

"i'm okay. thank you, though." i politely decline, heading out of his room. my eyes falling on minho's closed door, i bite my lip, attempting to hold back my frown. i'm being ridiculous. i shake off my thoughts, quickly heading down the stairs, heading to the counter where my bag still sat, untouched. i throw it over my shoulder and head to the door, sliding on my shoes before pulling it open. i instantly collide with a hard chest as i try to leave.

"woah there, where are you off to in such a hurry?" minho's voice fills my ears as he wraps a strong arm around my waist to steady me. i couldn't meet his gaze, quickly stepping back until he released my waist.

"home." i tell him blankly. his expression turns confused for a moment before he steps to the side.

"you want a ride? how are your legs?" he asks, still not quite letting me out the door.

"fine, i can walk."

"okay..." he trails off. and without another word, i was out the door. quickly heading down the street to my own house. why did i feel this way? it's not like he owed me anything more than what he gave me. it was amazing, and through all of the intense sexual desire, he made sure i was okay, and didn't bother me when i fell asleep. even dressed me, and made sure i stayed asleep even though he moved me to another bed. it was a good one night stand, mind blowing. yet i still felt unsatisfied. i felt ridiculous, i am ridiculous.

before i knew it, i was pushing open the door to my house, soobin who was sat on the couch, turning his head to look at me.

"hey, there you are!" he exclaims happily, hopping off the couch to greet me. "how was— hey, what's wrong?" he asks upon seeing my expression.

"i'm being stupid..." i shake my head. soobin cocks his head to the side, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"talk to me, what happened?" he urges.

"i slept with minho."

"that's good, right?" he asks, brows furrowed.

"y-yeah it was good, he was good..." i nod in agreement.

"so..." soobin trails off, waiting for me to say more.

"so i woke up in chan's room!" i yell, catching him by surprise.

"you— what?"

"i woke up in chan's room, and minho was gone." he looks away before nodding slowly.

"soomin, don't tell me you're expecting more..." he says cautiously.

"no... i know... i'm not." i shake him off, heading to plop onto the couch with a sigh.

"look," he starts, sitting next to me. "you wanted to sleep with him, and you did. now you move on."

"i know."

"you weren't looking for anything more, and neither is he." he adds.

"i know, soobin."

"so take that frown off your face." he retorts. i sigh, leaning my head back against the couch.

"okay... i'm good." i tell him, pushing back all of the unwanted thoughts. he was right, there was nothing more meant to come out of last night.

"good. yeonjun and i were gonna head to the library to study if you want to come?" he offers.

"i should." i nod. "just let me get changed." i push myself off the couch heading upstairs into my room. i stand in front of my mirror, unbuttoning the shirt, carefully sliding it off before moving to my jeans. gently sliding them down my thighs.

my eyes land on a few marks, left from minho's strong hands. the sight making me feel weak at the knees remembering how he handled me. but, where was my underwear? i furrow my brows, checking the pockets of the jeans, even throwing on a quick outfit before running downstairs to check my bag. but they were nowhere to be found.

i pull out my phone, pulling up chan's contact.

chan

are you still home?

yeah, why?

could you go into
minho's room and
see if you can find
my underwear?
they're black.

... okay...

-

i wait impatiently, staring at the chat. gently chewing on my bottom lip in anticipation. they have to be in his room.

chan

i don't see any.

ugh.

maybe you should
ask minho.

i'll just buy more.

-

he sends a few more texts after that, but i choose to ignore them, instead grabbing my school bag and sliding on my shoes, meeting soobin by the door.

"you ready?" he asks.

"yup." i smile, following him out the door.