CHAPTER ONE (1) Inside looking

t was just like Every other Night..
Nothing special, Nothing Worth being Rememberable But still I can't forget that night.
Because to me, my life started from from that very night
***
I move around the bed , moving from left to right, trying to get some short eyes but it was completely hopeless.
How could my body rest when my mind is restless.
I can hardly understand how I feel inside but definitely, I know I am anxious. Anxious about the following day, a day I have been looking forward to for past seventeen years of my life....

***
FEW HOURS AGO...

Someone knocks at my door, I turn from the novel I was reading and faced the door

" Come in" I said knowing full well who it was.

The door opens as Slivia my personal maid walks in.
" Good morning Young heiress"

Young heiress a name I have gotten uncomfortably used to

I nod as a response to her greeting.

She walks to the table and drops something on it. " Someone sent a letter to you " she says smiling to the extent all of her teeth was showing I couldn't help but chuckle.

" Who is it from" I smiled it has been almost ages since someone sent a letter.

" Your Grandmother" she said leaving my room.

Immediately she left I rush to the table , picked up the letter and read it to myself.

"My dear granddaughter I am sorry that have not been writing to you for a while, am sorry I didn't visit you either, Work got be busy and stressed.
I would just go straight to the point, you have to Return back to Nigeria, There is an uprising, your uncles and aunts want to take what is Rightfully yours , because They don't even know you exist. Just for the purpose of MGC you have to Reveal yourself. And remember I love you ".

***

PRESENT

I know you most have alot of questions as time goes you will have your answers

But first let me introduce myself

     I am Amarianna Martins, the one and only daughter of Late Estella Martins and the heiress of The Martin group of companies (MGC). MGC the biggest business corporation in the world, owned by  the richest family in the world " The Martins".

    MGC is my mother life's work ,my mother Estella Martins devoted her life to the greatness of MGC. She was the driving force behind it's progress.

  Too bad ... I never met her she died giving birth to me....

***
I sigh while standing up obviously I had too much in my mind to fall asleep it was simply impossible

But tomorrow is a day I have always dreamed of, the day I would get to live this God forsaken estate...

A day will get to Reveal myself to the world, A day I will stop hiding my identity, A day I will get to see her, my grandmother I have never come face to face with the only family member that knows about my existence.

Being the Likely the person in the world my identity and existence was a secret known to only a selected few.

To avoid endangering my life i lived inside a mansion in Canada. Bodyguards stationed at every corner ,I was only allowed to move around the estate with close surveillance of course. I never stepped out of the estate not even once, I was home schooled all of my life, even at the University level.

I never had any friends,  why?
      "You are not allowed to socialize with people"

      "you have to protect your identity"

" If get too close to someone, that person might leak out your and your life will be in danger so no friends"

   Yep my life was the very definition of CAGED........

***

  I barely closed my eyes before the sun came out. How annoying?

  I heard a knock on the door. No one knocks on my door other than Slivia, my hand maid and best friend and my personal bodyguard Jeff.

  Both of them have been with me for as long as I can remember. Originally they both worked for my mother.

  " You couldn't sleep, could you"
She asked with an apologetic look.

I nod my head and sat up.

" You will probably sleep in the jet"

   I nod again.

" Come on lets get ready, it going to be a long trip"

***
         Slivia helped me get ready, putting on a off shoulder crop top with long sleeves. It had a pond flowery pattern on it . And a pencil skirt that was made from the same material of the top.

        She packed my hair in a messy bun and let out two strings at the front. Applying a little makeup it wasn't too much neither was it too less. It was just perfect

      I walk to my shoe rank and picked a pair of pink heels matching my outfit. I like to go with the flow

  Slivia gave me a white coat . " You are going to need this " puts the coat on me.
         And finally for the finishing touches I put on my mother's necklace, the only thing I have of her

    Jeff walks into my room, he doesn't knocks, one of the few people that know my secret.

   " Aren't you guys ready ,it about time we leave " looks at me and I could see the shock in his eyes." It is as if I am seeing Estella"

   Jeff hugs me and pecks my forehead, from the corners of my eyes I could see Slivia wiping away her tears.

" You are truly your mother's daughter Amar Martins" Slivia said hugging me from behind.

Why does it feel like am saying goodbye after all they are both coming with me...

***

Unknown to the Trio that a particular someone was spying on them and had eavesdroped on their conversation because jeff did not close the door when he came in...

***

     A cell phone rings as one of the maids runs to it, she made sure that the door of her room was locked and there was no one to eavesdrop on her conversation before answering the call.

" Tell me, what have you found out"
The unfamiliar came out sounding desperate.

   " I just confirmed your suspicion, she is really the Heiress of MGC"  the maid said almost lightly but the person on the other side heard her loud and clear.

   " Anything else?"

    " One more"

   " Go Ahead"

    " She received an important letter yesterday I think it was from ....hmmm" hits her head trying to remember  " Lyn...."

" Lynda. Lynda Lee " the caller completed.

" Yes Lynda Lee , she was the one who sent the letter"

" I see , could you manage to read it or know what is writing on it"

" No .."

Cuts in " useless, you are completely"

" But she is leaving along with Slivia Collins and Jefferson Jackson, I think they are going back to Nigeria or maybe I don't know"

" You definitely out done yourself this time gathering this much information you turn out not to be completely useless after all" the caller hangs up

" What a grumpy person " scoffs the maid ....

***
I smirked , a new chapter has opened In my life , I can't wait to see what the world has in store for me.......