CHAPTER TWO

" Passagers please fasten your sit belt Because we are about to land in Abuja international airport. Welcome to Nigeria" Said the pilot.

          I fastened my sit belt and looking out the window.

        the site was mesmerizing , it was night already but the light coming from the little houses looked so beautiful.

   " It been seventeen years since I returned home" Slivia said smiling.

"I swear it is good to be back " Jeff said with a broad smile.

" There is No place like home" Slivia said.

    I chuckled, I don't really remember anything about Nigeria, or how my life looked like when I was in Nigeria

      I mean..... An infant can't really remember anything

***

    Amar was not surprised at all when she saw all the bodyguards that will be  escorting them to the Martin estate.

   Convoy of Five vehicles, so Amar felt safe and secured with that she fell asleep.

***
    A few Metres away from the airport. The cars stopped and Slivia immediately woke up Amar.

    " Slivia why ?" Slivia place her index finger on Amar's lips.

   Amar was bewildered " whats  going on" she whispered.

  Gunshots could be heard along with  screams.

      Amar heartbeat increases as fear cloud her mind, she couldn't understand what was going, was this the dangers of leaving the MANSION.

      A group of men were attacking the bodyguards, But the Bodyguards were out numbered and to top it all there had a snipper who shots from a far distance, Jeff knew that the only thing to do was to Retract and protect the Heiress at all cost.

       Slivia rushes into the driver's seat pushes the driver aside. She started the engine and drives off like a madwoman, the gunmen took an hold of it and follows the moving vehicle.

   Slivia gives Amar her phone.

" Look for Matthew and dial his number"

     Amar takes the phone with shaking hands and search for the contact.
She dialed the number as soon as she found it.

  Puting it on loud speaker the phone rang  for a couple of times.

" Come on Matthew pick up the f**king phone". Slivia gritted her teeth as she could sense that there were gaining up on them.

" Hello Long time no see, am surprised..."the masculine voice came out quite joyfully.

"Matt there is a big problem, Snowflakes melting"
    Slivia said in a code word for ( the Heiress is under attack)

Suddenly the voice came out very serious " where are you " .

" I will text you the address, do something and fast " Slivia said as the  call hangs up.

Amar was bewildered,she couldn't understand what was going.

" Amar text our Address to that number and be fast " Slivia said panting.
     She was beyond sacred not for herself but for the Heiress, she still remembers....

FLASHBACK

" Slivia promise me that you will do anything to protect my daughter, promise me that you will keep her out of arms way " Estella said with tears in her eyes.

" I promise I will protect her with my
Life " Slivia said starring at her best friend.

" When worst comes to worse contact Matthew he would know what to do, make sure no one and I mean no one knows of her existence " Estella said kissing her baby for the last time.

  She removed her necklace and gave it to Slivia to give to  Amar when the time was right.

" Make sure you keep your promise".

" I will" takes the baby and walks away...
***

The promise she made to Estella, and she won't break her promise not now not ever.

  She turn up the speed and the car moving so fast, there were getting close to a Forest.

Amar had so many questions but she didn't know we're to start from.

The gunmen shoot twice at the car deflating the tyres.

     " Shit " Slivia curse as she trys to manvouver the car so as not to sustain much  injuries.

    The car stoped, hitting a tree, Slivia hits her head on the starringwell, while Amar sustain a few cuts because of the broken glasses.

    "Come on get out" Slivia said as both she and Amar gets out of the car and made a run for it.

They ran into the forest , the moon was only  the source of light they had.

They ran as fast as they could , the men were running after them shooting at random.

  Amar was sacred out of her mind, Sweats all over her body, her body felt  weak she have never moved so fast before but neither did she want to stop.

  Slowing but surely she got a grib of what was happening.

" This men are after me " she said inwardly. " But why? how did they know who I truly am?.... Unless someone leaked out my identity, but who?    the only persons who knows who i truly am are Jeff and Slivia, maybe someone else found out? "

    Slivia looks ahead and saw  some rocks that would make a great hiding place .

She took Amar's hand bringing her out of her thoughts.

    Amar hides behind the rocks.
**"

" Whatever happens do not come out , hold your breath and do not make a sound, don't move an inch stay were you are " Slivia said standing up

I reaches for her hand grabs it

"  Where are you going"

" Am going to divert them away from you "

" Slivia that's dangerous"

" I know  but what is more dangerous is breaking a promise I made to your mother"

Tears runs down my checks

" Am I ever going to see you again"

" Of course, silly" pecks my checks and hugs me. " Be safe okay" I nod

   Slivia runs aways.

" There !! Follow them" the men runs after aunt Slivia passing me completely.

    I place both my of my hands on my mouths as tears flow down uncontrolably.

    Why , why is all this happening?

   I heard a gunshots and a screams of what sound like Slivia's voice.

   Without hesitation I left my hiding place running towards the gunshots and screams,  the more I run the more the sounds grow louder, untill it eventually stopped and so I also  stopped running.

     the next thing I heard broke me completely.

   " She is dead , come on let go look for the Heiress "

" She most be around"

  I burst into a stream of tears , it might not be what you are thinking, Slivia is fine she most be fine .

  Let me look for myself just to be sure as I was about to move , someone grabbed me from behind and placed and handkerchief on my nose.

I struggle for a couple of seconds but as soon as I breath in from the handkerchief,

I suddenly became dizzy , I fought so hard to keep my eyes opened but it was no use........

As everything went blank...........

Check out the next chapter to find out what happened to Amar in

  THE    CHATTERS
                                   OF  DIAMONDS    
                             BY

                  TREPRINCLE