CHAPTER (4) Her arrival

MARTINS INDUSTRY
      Lucy rushes to stairs , Climbing as fast as she could.

" Being the personal assistant to the President of MGC  sure seems like the dream job but it is more of a nightmare"  Lucy would always say to those fantasizing on working in MGC.

        Though the  pay only is a huge chunk of money, the salary of a common Clerk is twice the salary of most lecturers in a private university. but the work load. " God !!so much more than one can handle".

          Along with their salaries they get wages; Accommodations, health insurance, food allowances and even bonus at the end of each month so if you look at it " it is not that bad" Lucy would always console herself.

***

   Lucy knocks on the transparent glass  door.  Knowing who it was Lynda pressed a remote and the door automatically opened.

   No matter how many times Lucy looks at it, she never gets used to it.

    The office only was Paradise, everything was almost made out of glass, from the fancy table to the beautiful shelf.

  Lucy steps in, looking at her boss she could tell that She was in a bad state. Who wouldn't, imagine your only granddaughter got missing.

Springing up Lucy said " Mrs Martin your granddaughter's location has been found"

Lynda jumps on her feet, grabbing her coat ,she walks out of the office with Lucy walking behind her.

" Ma,you have any important meeting with the investors and also with some Clients..."

" Cancel them" Lynda said with a Stern look.

" Ma , you still have to choose the perfect photo to use as ....."

" Pick any of the photo" Lynda said goes into the elevator and Lucy accompanies her.

  The elevator starts moving. Few minutes later Lucy speaks again.

" Ma , the Martin entertainment is ...."

" Lucy!" Turn to Lucy. " Every work related issue can wait . I need to see my granddaughter, I don't care about anything else right now" the elevator stops as she steps out.

" What are my going to tell the investors, the meeting was rescheduled twice this week, guess they are going to eat me up like grilled chicken" Lucy to no one in particular.

Lynda gets into the limo and zoomed off.

***

              Lynda's car stoped right in front of the  king's mansion. " I should have guessed" she says inwardly. One of the Bodyguards opened the door as  Lynda elegantly steps out looking stunning in her royal blue gown which is engraved with diamonds.

     She walks towards the front door, without knocking she opens the door and walks in.

   Noelle sights Lynda and rushes over to embrace her.
" Mother it is so nice to finally see you again "

" You too darling" parts her back.

" How have you been? " Noelle said directing her to sit down.

" Stressed!" Lynda said rolling her eyes, Sits down.

Noelle chuckles " of course being the President of MGC must not be easy especially at your age. You should be resting ma "

" I wish I could" Lynda said looking around the house.

" When the heiress turns eighteen you will have nothing to worry about  "

A  slight frown appears in lynda's lips but it was quickly replaced with a bright smile, which was not genuine.