CHAPTER (9)Meet the family

***
There are going to be some harsh and insultive words, if you are not a fan of that kindly skip this chapter but note to self you might find it difficult to understand the next chapter
______________________________________

" You people should stop trying to get in Amar's good. Because she is not going to give you people anything"
Lynda said bluntly shoving a fork in her mouth.Gnashing the delicious pork.

" It's nothing like that Lynda, am just so relieved to Know at least your daughter left an offspring in this world before she passed on even though it was outside wedlock" Vivian said with an intention to hurt Lynda's self esteem.

  Vivian Martins the mother of Emiliana Martins. A proud and vicious woman who enjoys hurting other people's feelings

Vivian's statement hit like a dagger  in Amar's heart. Knowing full well that she might be a bastard.

Vivian thought she had won the battle but unknown to her that the war had just began.

Lynda faked a smile " I thank  God that, at Least she had a Child  unlike Emiliana who doesn't even have a boyfriend yet"

Amar lips curved into smile. Vivian was at raged.

" Isn't better to be single than to have a bastard child" Vivian said chuckles.

Amar's smile immediately disappeared.

" Hmmm you might be right but I  prefer a bastard child because Emiliana is how old again"
acting like she doesn't know. " All right she is forty " opens her mouth pretends to be shocked.
" Before you know it she will be hagged and wrenched and soon she won't even be able to bare children"

Vivian recks her brain, thinking of what to say to Lynda. " Of course you would prefer a bastard child after all you gave birth to one yourself" . Vivian smirks.

Lynda smiles. " My only prayer for Emiliana is that doesn't end up like you, barren to the core. At less I gave birth but did you ever birth"

Lynda said like it was nothing, Standing up and picking up her phone she added " you picked up a child from the orphanage  and called her your own " scoff. " Pathetic, and you have audacity to insult an actual mother whileas you... are.. nothing... but....a....You know the word"

Lynda turns to Amar " Granddaughter let's get going" turns to Vivian " some people don't even have a daughter talk less of a grand daughter, such a pity because she is almost close to Seventy." Laughs and walks away.

" Have a good day everyone" Amar said politely walking away.

" Vivian I don't know why you enjoy getting insults from Lynda " Elric said.

Elric Martins , Vivian's husband and the brother in law of Lynda.

" It's not my fault" Vivian said.

" Whose fault is it then, you know how bad-mouthed Lynda is. That woman can kill a person with just one word " Regina said.

Regina Martins , Elric Martins Second wife.

" Shut your mouth, I didn't ask you to speak " Vivian says annoyed and walked away.

" Barren Bitch" Regina said leaving aswell.

  Everyone left the dinning table slowly but surely.

***

Lynda and Amar was seated in the limo beside each other, with at least ten convoy escorting them.

Amar had alot of questions but didn't know how to ask.

" I was raped when was Barely 19 by a group of street boys. I later on had a child but never knew who the father was." Lynda Exhales.

" Oh am sorry granny " Amar said touched.

" It's okay it's all in the past" Lynda said hugging Amar.

***
After almost twenty minutes of a long drive we finally arrived at the Martins industries, a company that deals with the sales and manufacture of building materials.

It was the first company founded by my mother under the MGC. It makes the highest profit compared to the remaining twenty four companies under the MGC.

The door was open for us as Lynda was the first to come out, I came out right after her. All the employees stood at the entrance to welcome us.

" You are welcome Mrs president and young heiress " They all said at the same while bowing.

  Lynda said  nothing but nod . The employees made a way for us to enter.
I walk beside my grandmother as we both walked in together.

I was amazed by the beauty of the building from the inside , the sight was mesmerizing.

" Amar come with me" Lynda said walking ahead of me as I walk behind her.

We got in a elevator which took us to the highest floor. The elevator opens as we stepped out and again it was...... amazing even more beautiful than the first floor.

**LYNDA'S OFFICE.
I  sat at the chair opposite my grandmother as I watch her work.

" Am I not going to do anything?" I said already bored.

Lynda looked at Amar." What can you do? "

" Anything, I didnt make first class in business administration for nothing. "
I said proudly.

" Oh really?" tosses a file to me " make a presentation on how we can increases profit in our lowest income company. You have 24 hours , let me test your ability just to be sure that you are actually ESTELLA MARTINS DAUGHTER " Lynda said with a narrowed gaze.

" I will be attending a meeting with the investors so Knock yourself out."
Lynda said leaving

I open the file as I looked into it. The lowest income company under the MGC is Martins Cosmetics . How come am pretty sure Nigerians dig into makeup and the others. Then why does it have such a big loss and no profit.

I put a call across to Lucy , my grandmother's personal assistant.

" Can you get me a laptop?"

" Sure, of course" she said as I hanged up.

Few minutes later

The door opens as I someone walked in , engrosed in the document containing the Records of Losses that Martins Cosmetics have suffered. I didn't even bother to look at who it was I just guessed that it was Lucy.

" Where have you been?. " I said without looking at who it was.

" Didn't know that needed you....." I said right before I was interrupted.

" Really now?" The manly voice was definitely not Lucy's. I looked up to meet  Agent Blue or red.

" So why do you need me?" He said smirking.

You need to see my face right now 😒

______________________________________

Hey guys my apologies for not updating yesterday. I was not feeling too well.

If you are enjoying the story so far , pls vote for my story and if you like my characters pls follow me. And if you love this chapter don't forget to leave your comments below.

Much love

Your Authoress

TREPRINCLE 🤧