CHAPTER (15) Safety First!

Amar

Knowing exactly what she wanted to say I immediately refused.

" No grandma am not going anywhere" I said standing up on my feet.

She reaches out to me. " Amar  There is  no other way " she sits me back down. "Look I don't want you to go back neither do I want to send anywhere but I don't really have a choice here. I have to prioritize your safety over you and my happiness"

I kept quiet, letting her words sink into my head.

" There is nothing I love more than you right now. You are my Sunshine the only True Family I have left " Lynda eyes begin to water.

I swallowed done nothing.

"All my life I have lived isolated from the world. Dawn! , nobody even knew I  existed in this world because everybody thinks it's the best way to protect me, While I was safe Around hundreds of bodyguards, I was constantly endangered by my own feeling. I  hated myself and my life there was nothing I wanted more than a normal life. I wanted to be like Every normal seventeen years old girl , have friends, go to parties and have fun not to be worried that my actions will be the headline of tomorrow's news. Not to be worried that if I step out without a bodyguard for less than a second... " I didn't even realize I was crying.

Lynda sat beside me, shocked at my outburst, she never expected me to react, it was written all over her eyes.
But I wasn't even done yet.

" Grandma it's not that I don't understand where you are coming from but I want to atleast be given this opportunity to decide for myself."
'I, must sound very stupid right now.'

" Amar I know you had it rough. But you have to understand that your safety is more important than your happiness. Am sorry but you are still going" Lynda said holding my hand but I immediately removed my hand from her. 'I am stubborn, you know that'

I shook my head and begin to walk towards the door.

" Get ready you are leaving tomorrow evening" She said and turned around angry as hell.

" No I said am not going" I said frustrated

"And I said you are going and it's final"  she sighs

I screamed and stomp my foot on the ground. She Burst into laughter as it took me by surprise.

" You remind me so much of your mother when she was your age. Same face ,same height ,same body type ,same attitude, same personality same Everything" laughs even more.

My heart blossomed and Every anger and Frustration that had build up in my heart slowly washed away.

" What was she like ?, Describe her in three words." I said slowly walking back to my sit with Curiosity.

Lynda taped a place on the bed beside her and I rolled my eyes before walking back to take my sit.

" Young lady you did not just rolled your eyes at me" Lynda said in a black  American ascent. And I burst into laughter. " He be like say body dey catch" She said in a Nigerian slang  and  I burst into another round of laughter.

I sat on the bed and she held me in her arms.

" I can never describe your mother in Three word, there are not just enough. Your mother , my one and only Child was Amazing, incredible, beautiful, ambitious, confidence, independent, stubborn...." I cut in

" How stubborn?" I asked because I wanted to know the reasons behind her describing my mother as stubborn.

" Well your mother was incredibly stubborn. She was stubborn to the extent that she listened to nobody but yourself. " Lynda said rolling her eyes and I nearly laughed.