Chapter Three: Trailing a Theif

It had taken a while for Wolfie to stand back up again, and keep moving forward, but with some encouragement from her Pokémon they were able to redo the entire path from Mitis Town to the other town which she now knew was called: Opal Town.

When they finally got there, it was like a breath of relief, and exhaustion.

Wolfie was absolutely winded after the long walk, not to mention tired as fuck due to the fact that she hadn't really spent the night sleeping.

"You look like you might pass out miss, are you drunk or something? No offence." A voice called out, and Wolfie sleepily turned their head towards the sound; rubbing their closed eye in the process.

"No no I'm fiiinnne..." Wolfie mumbled and the woman chuckled, "really? Cause you look like you're going to pass out."

"I told you it's-"

Before they could finish that sentence, Wolfie felt herself tipping over, and a startled yelp before hands grabbed onto her.

"See this is what I mean, don't worry I'll take you to my house, you can rest up over there"

Wolfie had the vague sense of being lifted and carried somewhere, with two small weights on their stomach, but she wasn't really in a good headspace to figure out what on earth was happening right at this very moment.

When she finally came to after presumably passing out/falling unconscious, Wolfie found themself on a bed with Poplio and Wurmple playing around with a Poochyena, with the woman sitting on a chair reading a book.

When she finally realized Wolfie was awake she smiled sweetly.

"Oh, glad you're up, what made you so tired anyway? New trainers like you normally come to this town full of energy."

"Oh... I guess you could say I... learnt some depressing shit before I left home..."

"Really? Although I won't force you to I must admit I am quite curious."

"I'll tell you, you look like someone trustworthy"

"I guess you could say that, my mother was a therapist so I have learnt a thing or two from her."

"I see... well my parents... got... kidnapped..."

The woman's eyes widened, "that's... that's horrible, gosh compared to you I'm lucky, but that must've been hard for you, learning that before setting off on your journey."

"What did happen to you if you don't mind me asking"

"Well my mother died trying to protect the Legendary Pokémon Mew, and I never met my father, but I've learned some tricks to help and have a group of people who I can talk to who've also gone through stuff like that."

"That's really horrible, I'm so sorry you had to hear that."

"Actually I uh... saw it..."

"What...?"

"It's a long story, but enough about me, do you want to save your parents?"

"Yes, that's one of my biggest motivations, that and I got kicked out of my town, but still!"

"Well then, I think I can help you with that, say, do you know who exactly kidnapped your parents?"

"The Pokémon Professor said it was Team Eclipse who did it."

At this the woman blinked in surprise, "Team Eclipse... I have heard of them before, they aren't easy to take down."

"I know, but I have to try"

"You've got some spirit don't you"

Wolfie shrugged, "I guess you could say that"

An uneasy feeling was starting to wash over Wolfie, but they didn't know why, here was a person who looked like they could giver her some answers, and Wolfie did need answers, sure she had no fucking clue where on earth she was, but that was fine, she was confident that if this was a bad situation, she could get everybody out of here safely.