Chapter Sixteen: A man and his Bedoof

After getting her second badge Wolfie set off to the next destination.

There was just one slight problem.

To get to the third gym she'd have to go past Lagoona Lake, and there had been many rumours that one of the buildings there was a base of operations for Team Eclipse.

While their parents could be there, Wolfie didn't know if she felt completely comfortable risking such a thing.

But then again, they didn't really have much of a choice. They needed to stop Team Eclipse, and as much as she hated her parents and what they had done, Wolfie couldn't just let Team Eclipse have them in their grubby little hands without at least putting up some sort of fight first.

So Wolfie continued their journey to Lagoona Lake, dragging her feet as she went.

Like always random ass trainers approached her several times as they were looking for a battle, and it got to the point where Wolfie would actively go out of her way to avoid them.

Eventually though Wolfie realized that her path to Lagoona Lake was completely and utterly blocked.

To be specific, it was completely and utterly blocked, by water.

A man was angrily tapping his foot, and since he was the only person in the area, Wolfie decided to approach him to at least get some information on what the fuck was happening.

"Hey uh, why is the way to Lagoona Lake being gatekept by water?"

The man sighed at this.

"It's those lazy lumberjacks I tell you. They're always letting their Bedoof out! I told my grandma the other day I said something bad is gonna happen if they keep letting them out, and look what happened! They up and built a fucking dam!"

"I see, and we can't just swim across?"

"Nope, the current got all messed up from the dam I tell you so we can't safely cross."

"Well that's... rather annoying"

The man nodded in agreement.

"See you get it! I'm about to call their boss on them I tell you that!"

"Well while you're doing that, I'm gonna try and take care of those lumberjacks myself."

"You're a good kid I tell you that! Good luck with those delinquents!"

Wolfie nodded, "don't worry I will. I have a thing that makes it so that people tend to listen to me."

The man smiled and waved to Wolfie as she left for a building that she assumed was where the lumberjacks and their Bedoof worked given all the logs scattered around it.

Cautiously opening the door, Wolfie did indeed confirm that this place was in fact where the lumberjacks were working before walking inside with Brionne close behind her.

A sturdy looking man confronted her.

"Hey there little lady! You looking to get a job here?"

"Not quite-"

"Ah I see, you're making sure we're the best lumber farm to work at! Well don't you worry! We're the best of the best! Trust me!"

While normally Wolfie would argue immensely with this man, she realized that this could be the perfect way that she convinces these lumberjacks to keep on top of their Bedoof more, and besides.

This was way more legal then her original plan!

"You're a smart one." Wolfie commented

"Oh please all the brains in my family went to my sister. I just pick up on common things other people do."