Chapter Thirteen: A Boiling Danger pt 1

The gates to Brimber City were close, but the group still had a ways to go.

The only Pokémon that were out of their balls were Dustox, Gastly, and Poplio. Gastly had fit right in, and contributed massively to the training they would do from time to time.

Its trickiness to hit contributed massively to the whole team's evasion as well as hitting their target.

It also helped with the food, and would play around with Luxio who still hadn't changed from when it was only a Shinx. Wolfie found their friendship quite adorable, it was like two kids on the playground who you normally wouldn't think would get along so well, and yet they do.

"HEY WAIT UP!!!!!!!!" A familiar voice called out and Wolfie once again held a sigh.

"Jeez Wolfie... how'd you get so... so fast...?"

I stole someones running shoes because they tried to take my hat.

"Nothing important"

For context, this was why Wolfie and Poplio had been sprinting in the rain. I should've mentioned this earlier, but oh well.

"Oh... ok... hey uh... wanna...? Wanna battle...?"

"You look like you're about to fucking pass out, are you sure you're up for one?"

"Positive...! I'm... ready to battle..."

"You're literally panting like a Yamper right now Jake."

"So...!? I can... I can still fight...!"

"Uh huh, well don't blame me when you're exhaustion causes you to lose."

"You're... so mean..."

Wolfie only rolled her eye before returning Gastly and Dustox to their balls, and taking her position while Jake did the same.

"Go...! Evee...!"

"Gastly, here is our first test."

"Evee use Leer!"

"Use Hypnosis"

Both attacks met their mark, and Evee fell asleep.

"Wha...!? Eve-Evee... why're you...? Why're you sleeping...?" Jake asked still out of breath.

"Gastly return, go Dustox."

"Evee...! Wake... wake up...!"

Ok at this point Jake had to be being dramatic because there was no way he was still that out of breath.

"Dustox use Confusion."

The attack connected with Evee who still had yet to wake.

"Evee...! Please...! Wake up...!"

"Use Gust please Dustox"

The heavy amounts of wind blew Evee backwards causing it to wake up.

"Oh great...! Use... use Swift..."

Wolfie's face was silent as the attacks hit Dustox, lowering its hp considerably before saying in an almost bored tone.

"Use Moonlight."