Chapter Eight: Curious Shinx

Wolfie had realized pretty quickly that Bunnelby enjoyed taking a lot of siestas, and would often take multiple in one day.

This caused it to clash a lot with Castcoon who loved to thrash about and would sometimes crash into Bunnelby when it was sleeping. This often made Wolfie and Poplio the ones who had to break up the fights the two would get into.

Right now however, the two seemed to be getting along quite well, but Wolfie chalked it up to the fact that both of them were hungry.

I mean it would make sense considering it was lunch time currently.

This was why Wolfie had her back turned on her Pokémon when it happened.

Another Pokémon curiously crept up towards Poplio who was staring intensely at Wolfie, and poked it on the back of the head in a rather playful manner.

Poplio yelped and Wolfie whipped around along with Bunnelby and Castcoon to see a Shinx looking straight at Poplio with a wide eyed excited look on its face.

"A Shinx? What's it doing all the way out here?" Wolfie wondered out loud.

Shinx! Was the only answer they got from it.

"Do you wanna join us for lunch?" Wolfie guessed and the Shinx jumped up and down excitedly so Wolfie took that as a yes and continued her work on the food.

Lunch itself was a simple salad made out of the berries in the surrounding bushes.

Meanwhile Shinx played with Castcoon and Poplio while Bunnelby took yet another siesta.

There was a childlike sense of naivety that was lacking in all of Wolfie's other Pokémon. Perhaps it had never seen humans before and was curious.

That would make sense.

When lunch was ready the group all dug in.

Wolfie was impressed that the salad actually turned out delicious since they had never been one for cooking. That was more of her sister Funneh's thing.

Speaking of, Wolfie wondered where she was right now, whether she had made some new friends or caught some new Pokémon.

After everyone was done Shinx jumped into Wolfie's lap and curled up into a ball where it seemed to fall asleep with Bunnelby joining shortly after.

Wolfie sighed, there was no way they could get out of this now.

She wasn't a monster after all.

She wasn't gonna move the two off her lap.

Of course not.

She would wait patiently for them to wake up.

While this was going on Castcoon and Poplio were goofing around, being silly, and just having fun.

It all felt so natural that it took Wolfie a second to remember that Shinx was still a wild Pokémon. Even if it acted like it had a trainer a real trainer would've gone looking for it by now, and that clearly hadn't happened.

So either Shinx was a wild Pokémon that had never seen humans before, or it had a very uncaring trainer.

Eventually after about an hour both Bunnelby and Shinx woke up, and Wolfie got the sweet relief of walking back. Shinx joined in Poplio and Castcoon's play time, while Bunnelby stood on Wolfie's other shoulder, and held onto her hat with its paws.

"Guys, let's get going" Wolfie said picking up Castcoon and letting Poplio jump on her shoulder.

To her surprise the Shinx followed behind.