Chapter Ten: An Electric Battle of Spirit pt 1

After her lost against Pokémon Trainer Cloud. Wolfie had been training relentlessly against random trainers.

Well three different trainers to be specific, and all of them wanted to challenge the gym there.

Justin Timber was a sporty guy with a Turtwig, Pidgey, and Flaffy. For his sporty tough demeanour however the guy was big pushover.

Jade Ember was a quiet girl who had a Gengar, Mimikyu, Litwick, and Duskle. Apparently Mimikyu had saved her from a deadly fall, and had been her partner ever since.

And Lotus Evergreen was a non-binary person who was deaf in one ear and had a Floragato, and Noibat. They claimed to have gotten partly deaf because a run in with an angry Loudred.

And then there was Wolfie who was just Wolfie.

The group had traded wins and losses amongst each other, and were currently taking a break inside a local cafe.

"Your Mimikyu was really scary back there" Lotus commented as they fidgeted with a napkin.

"O-oh, yeah... you're right..."

"Wolfie your Dustox was also really cool!" Justin added, "I already knew from the moment I saw you that I'd be no match."

"Considering you have only gotten close to beating me I'd say that's a fair statement." Wolfe agreed and both Lotus and Jade nodded.

"Say, how about let's challenge The Gym Leader, we're all pretty strong I think." Lotus then said unexpectedly. Wolfie looked at Jade and Justin who both shrugged in response.

"I mean if you guys believe you're ready then let's go for it."

"O-ok, I'm ready!" Jade said making her voice slightly louder in what was probably an attempt to prove her point in that she was ready for it.

"Sounds cool to me!" Justin agreed

"Wolfie?" Lotus questioned

"I-I already said I'd go with it if everyone else felt like they were ready!"

"Oh... sorry..."

"No it's fine, you can't control it."

Lotus nodded but they still seemed rather sad so Wolfie comforted them by patting there back, or at least tried to since their face stayed the same.

"Well anyway, let's go!" Justin said practically sprinting out the door to the cafe while the others scuttled along after him.

Once the group was all standing outside the door to the gym, they all shared a nod with each other before heading inside.

Despite all the hype about this gym from the locals, Wolfie was surprised to find out that it looked just like your regular old disco. A place people would drunkenly dance before passing out and probably getting robbed.

"Well this is... unexpected." Justin commented.

"T-too loud." Jade muttered, covering her ears.

"You can say that again" Wolfie agreed.

"Where's The Gym Leader?" Lotus wondered.

"The Gym Leader you say" a mysterious voice called out, "why he's in the back room. He and his brother take turns playing D.J so it's a good thing you trainers came when you did."

"I see, where is the back room exactly?" Wolfie asked.

The man then pointed to a door that was right next to where The D.J was playing loud music.

"Right over there young trainer."

"I see, thanks..."

The group then slowly made their way over to the door with all of them having to cover their ears (except for Lotus who only had to cover one ear).