Chapter Nineteen: Dampened Spirits

After a while of training with both Tess and Jake watching from the sidelines Wolfie felt that she was finally ready to take on The Rosecove City Gym.

Before they went to the gym however, both Diggersby and Toxel wanted to take a siesta so in the meantime Wolfie talked with Tess while Jake went off to go see if any members from Team Eclipse still lurking about in the shadows waiting for when they least expected it to strike back, and once again terrorize the beach-centred people of Rosecove City.

"Your glasses are really cool!" Tess commented

"Thank you, your hair is quite unique. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with galaxy-like hair before, and even if I did I doubt they would be wearing the modest clothing that you are."

Tess chuckled

"Thanks! Hey Wolfie, sorry if this is a bit too personal for you, but I was wondering why you always have one eye closed."

At this Wolfie stiffened

"M-maybe I'll uh... t-tell you later"

Hopefully Tess would just leave it at that.

No one could know, not even her own self.

They couldn't bare the thought of all those memories, of seeing her best friend... no...

She needed to stop thinking about... that.

What they needed to focus on was protecting the small glimpse of a family that she had made in her journey to stop Team Eclipse so that they don't ever harm her sister Funneh, and to give her some peace of mind.

"Sorry if that was too personal for you, I haven't been out of Rosecove City that much so I don't really know much about any of the other trainers from the other parts of Roria."

"It's fine you couldn't help it, and like I said I'll uh tell you later... eventually..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"I know, that's why I said not right now."

Or preferably ever.

"Ok, just don't force yourself"

Shortly after Wolfie and Tess's conversation ended both Diggersby and Toxel woke up, and it was time to go face The Rosecove City Gym Leader, and earn yet another badge.

After finding where Jake had run off to, the three made their way towards The Gym, and Wolfie took a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself for this fight. She knew she had the advantage with two electric-types, but she shouldn't get too cocky just in case something unexpected happens.

Although that was pretty unlikely all things considered.

"Welcome challengers!" The Gym Leader welcomed

"Actually uh... me and Tess are just here to watch" Jake cut it and the woman nodded, "I see, well that's alright with me, my name is Gwen-Tin, and I look forward to our battle young trainer."

Wolfie nodded as Jake and Tess watched from the sidelines.

"This battle is between Gwen-Tin The Gym Leader and Wolfie The Challenger! This battle is a three-on-three! You may begin in three, two, one!"

"Go Luxio!"

"Wailmer! Reveal yourself!"

Wolfie didn't even blink seeing the large-ish Pokémon, they simply just looked straight ahead at her opponent Gwen-Tin.

"Wailmer! Use Scald"

"Luxio use Charge."

While Wailmer's attack didn't do too much, it did however inflict a bad burn on it, and Wolfie prayed that Luxio's electric typing would still be enough to win, even with the severe burn.