Chapter Twelve: Mansion of Madness

Wolfie had been travelling for a while now to get to Brimber City.

Brimber City was known to have a gym leader there so it seemed only natural for that to be her next stop.

However due to the rain Wolfie and her Pokémon weren't exactly able to move quickly.

They needed to find shelter fast, and it must've been their lucky day (well technically night BUT WHO CARES) because Poplio spotted a mansion that looked to be abandoned.

Letting her Pokémon out of their balls, they decided that they needed to rest here at least until the rain stopped.

Wolfie didn't like rain.

It reminded her too much of the incident.

Wolfie curled up into a ball, and both Shinx and Bunnelby curled up next to her, and fell asleep.

Dustox was thrashing around like usual, and Poplio was looking around uneasily.

Maybe Poplio also hated the rain, and that was why it seemed worried. That was the hopeful way of thinking, but Wolfie wasn't Naive like Shinx.

Hopefully they'd be able to leave this mansion soon, but for that the rain had to stop.

"L-let's go look for a place to sleep." Wolfie suggested picking both Shinx and Bunnelby up

Both Poplio and Dustox nodded, and followed close behind Wolfie.

As the group ventured further into the mansion, a feeling of unease crept further and further on Wolfie until it was practically fist fighting pure terror to be the dominant emotion right now.

After a long time of searching they eventually found a bedroom that looked livable enough.

However it seemed to be nicely made, almost as if someone had prepared it for them expecting their arrival.

Poplio must've also noticed this to, as it shook its head when Wolfie was cautiously trying to enter.

Even Dustox stopped thrashing around and looked genuinely worried.

"It's the best we got though... sorry" Wolfie apologized, "but if it makes you feel better one of us can be on lookout, we can even take turns to so we all get some sleep."

This seemed to calm Poplio and Dustox down (as well as Wolfie's own nerves) a bit so they entered the room as silently as possible.

It was hard though with the creaky floorboards, but nevertheless they moved forwards.

Placing Bunnelby and Shinx down on the bed Wolfie volunteered to take first watch.

"I have insomnia anyway so it should be fine"

After Poplio and Dustox fell asleep, Wolfie curled up a ball.

She desperately wanted to cover her ears so she wouldn't have to hear the noice of the rain, but they were on guard duty so they couldn't do that.

For some reason she felt as if something were watching her, but that could just be her own paranoia talking.

The crackling sound of thunder made her freeze in fear.

Eventually she ended up just rocking back and forth in a feeble attempt to try and calm down.

One of the main reasons that Wolfie had volunteered to take first watch was because she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

This whole place was terrifying, and if it weren't fucking raining Wolfie would've bolted far away from here with their Pokémon, and never look back.