Chapter Eleven: A Spark of Home pt 2

After Chad had ran out to heal his Pokémon, he seemed to be even more energized then before.

"Alright! Who's next!?"

Both Wolfie and Jade looked at each other.

"What do you think?" Wolfie asked

"Uhm... I uh... you can go first i-if you uh want to..."

"I mean okay if that is what you truly want"

Jade nodded vigorously.

"I-I will be your next opponent!" Wolfie declared.

"Excellent! I've been looking forward to this!"

"You have?"

"Why of course! There's only one person in this whole region that has one eye closed at all times! It's truly an honour to battle you!"

Wolfie could hear the others whispering about what Chad could mean by that, but she ignored it. Because it didn't matter, it wasn't important and they would end this mans whole career just for bringing it up in the first place.

"This battle is between Chad The Gym Leader and Wolfie The Challenger! You may begin in three! Two! One! Go!"

"Shinx! Let's do this!"

"Pikachu! It's time to dance!"

"Shinx use Charge."

Shinx began to store power.

"Pikachu! Use Volt Tackle!"

"Dodge and use Charge again"

Shinx nimbly leapt out of the way of Pikachu's attack and once again started to charge energy.

"Quick Attack!"

"Now!"

As Pikachu was racing towards Shinx, it let off the move Spark, zapping Pikachu and stopping it in it's tracks.

"Clever, but I'm still gonna win this! Use Volt Tackle!"

"Use Baby-Doll-Eyes"

Shinx let off the non-attacking move right as it got hit with Pikachu's attack sending Shinx flying backwards.

"Let's finish this! Use Quick Attack!"

"Use Spark!"

Pikachu leapt out of the way of Shinx's attack and rammed into it, nocking Shinx into a wall.

"Shinx! Are you alright?"

Shinx shakily stood up, with a determined look on its face, and Wolfie smiled.

"Alright then, use Charge."

"Use Volt Tackle!"

Shinx dance stepped out of the way of Pikachu's attack as it started storing power.

"I won't let you get away with using that this time! Use Quick Attack! And don't stop until you hit it!"

"Use Baby-Doll-Eyes."

Shinx let off Baby-Doll-Eyes once more before getting rammed by Pikachu.

Although it was still standing after the hit, Wolfie knew it wouldn't survive another attack.

There was only one way this would go down.

"Use Leer"

"Use Volt Tackle!"

Shinx lowered Pikachu's defence before getting blown back by Volt Tackle, and fainting.

"Shinx is unable to battle! This round goes to The Gym Leader Chad!"