Chapter Nine: A Firey Rivalry

Finally after days upon days of travelling with no clear end in sight, they had made it to Silvent City, the home of one of the many gyms that Wolfie would take on.

All of her Pokémon besides Poplio had gone back into their balls as she had kept getting weird looks from passersby's.

At least Poplio seemed excited, looking around with wide eyes.

It was adorable.

Despite being called a city Wolfie realized quite quickly that Silvent City was rather small.

There weren't a lot of houses and people were few and far between, but there was one building in particular that stood out.

There was no mistaking it, this was The Silvent City Gym.

Two people were talking outside of the entrance, and being a bit curious Wolfie decided to listen in on their conversation.

"I can't believe I still lost, like I had super effective type match ups and everything!" Person one said.

"I told you running into there willy-nilly will end up with your ass being kicked." Person two scolded.

"You try and beat him then if you're so clever."

"I already did you fucking Woobat. That's why you saw me at the entrance."

"Jeez you're so rude Cloud. I can't believe I'm even friends with you!"

Cloud rolled their eyes at this, "oh cry me a river noob."

Person one then promptly left in a huff and Cloud sighed, "there he goes, off to sulk in some corner of the universe again." Before turning and noticing Wolfie standing there.

"Oh hi, are you planning on challenging The Silvent City Gym?"

"Oh! Uh... I was planning on getting to it."

"I see, I'm Coud; Amber Cloud is my full name, but everyone calls me Cloud."

"I see, you can call me Wolfie."

Cloud smiled, "cool, hey before you challenge The Gym Leader can I battle you first? Please?"

Wolfie shrugged, "sure why not, three on three?"

"I'm down for that!"

The two then went behind the Pokémon Centre to begin their fight.

"You ready?" Cloud asked

"Ready as I'll ever be"

"Alright, go Evee!"

"Bunnelby time to shine"

"Alright Evee use Swift!"

"Dodge and use Double Slap"

Bunnelby leapt out the way of Evee's attack but missed Double Slap.

"Now's our chance! Tackle!"

"Double Slap again!"

This time both attacks met, and Bunnelby was able to take minor damage while blowing Evee back.

"Hmmm, this could be bad..." Cloud muttered

"Use Quick Attack"

"Counter with Protect!"

Bunnelby's initial attack bounced off of the barrier that Evee had created and it rolled backwards.

"Alright now Evee lets finish this! Use Swift!"

The flying stars collided with Bunnelby, causing it to faint.

"Bunnelby return, you battled well." Wolfie said touching her forehead to the Pokéball.