Chapter Four: Drapion's Pains pt1

Both Wurmple and Poplio were fine, and in no time they were back to riding on Wolfie's shoulders like the little beans they were.

After thanking Nurse Joy Wolfie ran into Jake, and she had to withhold a sigh of annoyance.

"Hey Wolfie! I was wondering where you ran off to!"

"Hello Jake, why's that?"

"I have an idea on how to save your parents!"

"Tell me."

"I was getting to that don't worry bestie! So you know how Team Eclipse is this really powerful and dangerous organization of criminals right?"

"Get to the point Jake."

"I am! I am! Anyway, what if. You. Become. Really strong, and take them all on to the point where you defeat them all!"

"And how do you suggest I do that?"

"Gym Leaders!"

"Come again?"

"Gym Leaders! Y'know those really strong people that give you a badge if you beat them!"

"Oh, right, I guess that is an option"

"If you beat all nine of them! You'll definitely be strong enough to fight Team Eclipse."

"Wouldn't beating The Elite Four, and The Champion be more favourable though?"

"I mean you can do it if you want, but anyway, I'm gonna go catch some more Pokémon, see you later Wolfie!" And with that, Jake was off.

Gym Battles. That didn't sound so bad.

After all Gym Leaders were known to be quite strong, and if Wolfie could beat them, then maybe she would stand a chance.

Poplio and Wurmple seemed to like the idea at least, and that was good enough for her so might as well.

Crossing the bridge, Wolfie found herself once again in a random forest with tons of Pokémon roaming around.

A couple of Beautfly fluttered by and Wolfie noticed Wurmple looking longingly at them.

"Don't worry Wurmple, at least you have a chance of evolving into a Beautifly unlike any other Pokémon."

Wurmple nodded, but it still seemed sad, so Wolfie decided to take a break and have some food before journeying onwards towards Static City which was one of the places you could get a gym badge.

While they were eating, Wolfie noticed something watching them from the bushes.

Experimentally Wolfie tossed an oran berry over towards where she felt the eyes on her, and almost instantly something snatched it up and started munching on it.

Well the likelihood of it being a human was already low to begin with, so this was almost definitely a Pokémon.

"You can join us if you like, I'm not gonna hurt you." Wolfie said.

Despite this, whatever was in the bushes didn't move, perhaps it was scared of humans, maybe Poplio or Wurmple could help it become more comfortable.

"Hey Wurmple, do you want an oran berry?"

At this Wurmple jumped up and down in delight, chirping with excitement.

Wolfie smiled slightly at this as they rolled the berry over to it.

Pop! Pop! Poplio chirped and Wolfie chuckled, "don't worry you'll get one to, here." Poplio practically snatched the oran berry from Wolfie's hands and started furiously chewing away at it.