Chapter 4: Facing Fears

After the events at the Moors, the Legion has committed to their plan of plunging worlds into darkness. The Legion has taken out six universe since their crusade began. Amara now seeks to expand her forces once more. The Sanctuary makes way into their next universe. The Sanctuary arrives in Hollywood, California in a new universe.

"Why are we here, M.O.D.O.K?" Amara says, "this land has nothing but cars and buildings. No challenge? No enchanted beings?"

"Easy, easy, boss. According to this, the day is October 13, 2026, and within this month, this land, 'Universal Studios', has many fears and horror icons. With our power, we can turn this amusement park into a walking fear factory and expand its power onto the rest of this world."

"I remember this place," Wanda reminisces, "back in our universe, Vision took me here one year while we were in hiding. I told him it was a risk coming there, but he did not mind. One of the best memories of a long-gone love."

"Let's make our way down then." Amara commands.

The Sanctuary flies over Hollywood, with the public noticing, and news reports begin flooding in. Down beams the Legion, and the villains run rampant across Hollywood, and make their way into Universal Studios. Security guards attempt to stop Amara, but she zaps them with thunder, turning them to ash. Amara destroys buildings around her and makes her way into the park. She notices a part of the Halloween Horror Nights themed park called the "Carnage Factory" and makes her way inside.

Crowds running from the Darkness as they notice Zod, Black Manta, and Maleficent, all of whom are killing park goers and destroying the land around them. Maleficent brings out thorns with her magic, destroying different parts of Universal Studios. Zod flies up into the air and laser beams the crowd below.

Flying by, the Scarlet Witch creates hexes, turning attractions and meet and greet characters into real life versions. The raptor animatronics that hid amidst the "Jurassic Park" area turned into real velociraptors, chasing, and eating guests, and dinosaurs were set loose. As Wanda looks down at the anarchy, she hears a faint roar in the distance inside the "Jurassic World" ride, and flies over, she lifts the roof of the ride, as she finds the source of the roaring.

"Well, it seems I may have found a new pet." Wanda flies over and sees the dinosaur, a large white albino carnivorous dinosaur, a theropod, fifty feet big, large quills and spikes going down on the back, and large teeth: the Indominus Rex. The dinosaur comes into contact with Wanda but is immediately stopped in her tracks by the Scarlet Witch, who puts a spell on the Indominus, taming the beast. Wanda instructs the dinosaur to run rampant in the park.

Amara makes her way towards the end of the Factory and comes across Jack the Clown.

"Welcome, my brave darling, to my beloved Carnage Factory. You've taken a big risk coming in here, but I'm afraid that risk won't save you."

"Oh, save the theatrics, mortal. I've come here to speak to Jack." Amara slowly gets closer to James Keaton, the actor who plays Jack the Clown.

"Whoa, lady, easy there. This isn't that kind of place. Gonna need you to step back and-"

Before James finishes his sentence, he sees purple lightning come from Amara's hands and hears faint screams outside

"What the hell is that? What's happening?" James drops his persona and becomes genuinely worried and terrified. "Yo, security! Security! Help!"

"Oh, I'm sure your guards are probably indisposed now. Either by Maleficent's thorns or broken apart by Doomsday." She uses her telekinesis to close all exits. "Now this place fascinates me. You've built a whole factory around one season dedicated to fear and darkness. You want to scare those who enter this place. What if I presented you, Jack, with something better."