Chapter 14: Down the Rabbit Hole

The Handler makes her way to Amara, who is up the chamber room with Maul and Thrawn. She knocks on the wall.

"Yoo-hoo." Announces the Handler as the trio look towards her.

"Welcome, Handler." Maul says. "Me, Thrawn, and Amara were just discussing how to build this new age of the Crimson Dawn."

"It would seem Maul is more of a genius than the Emperor gave him credit. What is the reason for this entry, my dear?" Asks Thrawn, with his arms folded behind his back.

"Well, I just wanted to come in and speak to Amara, but seeing as a council member is here as well, I think this is fitting to you as well, Maul. Cora, one of the witches Wanda brought over, says that she was able to look in on Missy and her team via her mirror, and they have brought quite the numbers."

"That's excellent. The more we have behind us, the better." Amara nods with praise. "Is that all?"

"Well, there is also one other thing to. I walked in on Cora using that mirror and she told me about the land that she came from, and how she might have more allies to bring over to the Legion. Shall I set up a meeting?"

"If you believe she can provide us with more, by all means. Darkseid's arrival can happen at any moment. We must be ready. And bring Cora into the meeting as well. I want to hear what she has to say."

The Handler bows and leaves the room and gathers the members of the Thirteen.

"I just realized," Amara says, looking around the room, "where is Vader? Isn't he your apprentice now?"

"Vader is talking to those aboard his ship, to ensure they shall remain loyal to him, and to this Legion." Maul says with a grin. "There are still many troopers and fighters aboard the Executor that can be useful to us."

"Smart move, I was wondering how the death of Sidious would affect the Empire. Shall we make our way to convene with the council." Amara begins to exit the room.

"Indeed. We shall continue this soon, Thrawn." Maul and Amara leave as they head into a meeting room with the rest of the council, and Cora.

"It would seem the Handler and Cora have a new proposition for us. Speak your piece." Amara gives the floor to the Handler, who looks to Cora, and allows her to speak.

"A great many thanks to this council. My home world, the Enchanted Forest, was lost as a result of a curse that my daughter placed, wiping the whole land away to another world. Not much of the land remained. I was one of the few who survived, through a protection spell I placed. I sought the council's help in seeing if I could venture back to another version of this Forest, where my daughter's curse never happened. She is very skilled and very powerful. There is also my kingdom of Wonderland, of which I reigned there."

"And tell me about this Enchanted Forest?" Maleficent asks.

"This land is one where many kingdoms dwell, with magic and creatures unimaginable. It is home to many notable figures: Cinderella, Robin Hood, you. Another version of you, though. Not as corrupt and vile as you."

"She seems weak. I wouldn't wish to meet her." Maleficent's eyes glow green at the mention of another variant.

"And you think your daughter will join our Legion?" Amara asks.

"Of course. If I find her at the right moment, she will be way too focused on her petty vengeance against one in particular. If given the right people, we shall help her get her revenge, and then she will be reunited with me. My daughter's lost too much to have anything else besides revenge."