Chapter 24: Darkseid

Mordor is now empty of all traces of the Legion of Chaos within the land. Amara looks around, looking at the land as it once was before she and her armada arrived. She turns into a cloud of smoke and returns back to the castle to go inside and find nothing of hers.

"Do not attempt to make contact with any of your allies!" Darkseid shouts from the field to Amara in the castle. "All your technology and magic are gone. Reduced to atoms and ash."

Amara returns before Darkseid and clenches her fist. "You...foolish man." Amara begins to laugh. "You are aware of who I am, I would hope. Did me killing your underling teach you nothing." Amara grins and swipes her hand, as Darkseid begins to glow yellow.

"What?" Amara swipes her hand once more, as another field surrounds Darkseid.

"Try all you want. It won't matter. For you see-" Darkseid is sent flying back by Amara's bolts of electricity, causing him to roll across the field. He gets up and sees his Parademons pointing their guns at Amara. Darkseid raises his arm telling them to stand down. The charred Darkseid gets up as regeneration energy begins to surround him and heal his body.

"That's not possible...but how?" Amara's eyes widened, seeing the very power that she stole from Gallifrey now wielded by her enemy.

"While you were busy in your carnage across the multiverse, I went to the worlds of intrigue to me and restored the remnants of whoever fell victim to your destruction." He snaps his fingers, as one of the warships opens the platform, with the Lord President Rassilon emerging from the portal on a hovering platform with golden rails.

"Hello, my dear. Amara, was it?" Rassilon grins, gripping his staff, and has his silver gauntlet back on his hand once more. "Revenge does wonders for the will to live, don't you agree?" Rassilon exits the platform and exhales. "As a show of gratitude for my resurrection, I gave Darkseid part of the power of the Time Lords in order to ensure our arrival to this world."

"I killed you. There should be nothing left of you. How is this possible?" She points to Rassilon and looks at Darkseid. Darkseid scoffs and smiles.

"The power of the Dark Side of the Force and our hatred of you allowed us to survive." Amara looks up and sees Darth Sidious fly in on a platform, with his Inquisitors behind him. Palpatine cackles and folds his hands.

"It is our thanks to Darkseid that we are given life once more." A gust of wind and a strong echo across the field give form to Sauron once more. Seeing another ghost from her past, Amara grips the One Ring, ensuring it doesn't leave her finger. "Has my ring served you well?"

"Better in my hands than with you. Your essence tasted delicious, by the way. A strong hint of coal." Amara flips Sauron off. "I've killed you all before, and I can just as easily do it again." Amara shoots bolts of lightning towards Darkseid and her enemies, but Darkseid blocks it with his ax, and bounces it back to Amara, who is pushed back.

Amara stays on the floor, lying down, staring up into the sky. "Where did you all go?" She whispers to herself. She squints up and sees a figure in the sky, floating. She gets up and continues to try and make out the shape. The shape becomes clearer, with a man in the sky with a cape. "Ah, Homelander. How wonderful you survived. Handle these fools." Amara grins, looking at Darkseid, but when she looks back up, she sees the man flying towards her.

The man is revealed to be Superman, who was one of the few in Darkseid's tank that he resurrected. Superman punches Amara into the ground, burying her into the earth and continues flying into the ground close to the core. "We will rid all of your filth and pollution that you have spread." He shouts to Amara, punching her in the face.