Chapter 5: The Time Lady

The sound of machinery whirring inside the Sanctuary can be heard, as Deathstroke walks by and hears it. Deathstroke sees, in one of the corridors of the Sanctuary, a carriage, the origin of where those sounds are coming from. Slade opens the carriage and finds the room bigger on the inside.

"Anybody here?" Slade calls out. He gives himself the tour of the vessel and sees all the control panels and monitors. He sees M.O.D.O.K. flying around inside, assembling parts to use for the Sanctuary, behind the main control station, Missy pops her head around and sees Wilson.

"Oh, hello. You're probably handsome behind that mask, aren't you? Missy: Time Lady, Queen of Evil, Lover of Chaos, The Master, whatever name you choose, doesn't matter to me." Missy approaches Slade and notices his attire. "Do you really fight combat with those katanas? Seems insignificant compared to the powers of that red head with the magic and a Kryptonian, but get all hands-on deck, I suppose." Missy chuckles and walks around the ship.

"What the hell is this? Why does it look like a chariot outside?" Wilson looks around, still amazed.

"Carriage, actually. Chariots are completely different, darling." Missy says, continue to work on the control panel. "But, to answer your question, this is a TARDIS: 'Time And Relative Dimension In Space.' This is my time machine and spacecraft, which I was able to procure during my transfer to this ship. Vortex manipulator broke, so I grabbed my TARDIS key, sure enough, she came back to me like a little pup. Now, I'm trying to get back to my universe to help your boss, the big lady with the dark magic, destroy my universe. And I also want to pick up some friends before we do so. And your friend, M.O.D.O.F.K here ha-"

"M.O.D.O.K. 'Mechanized Organism Designed Only For Killing." says Cross, snapping back at her.

"Right, but you see the problem there, don't you? You can't have the 'For' in there if you won't include it in the acronym. Either change your name or find a better acronym." Silence falls in the TARDIS for a brief moment. "Anywho, the bobble head over there has been helping me connect my ship to the Sanctuary, to make travel between time and universes easier. Just need to add a couple of parts into the Sanctuary. Walk with me?"

Missy and Deathstroke go on a walk over to the control panel of the Sanctuary, passing by various members of the Legion.

"You know, if you plan to keep large beasts such as that starfish and dinosaur in your conquests, I can easily make one of the chambers similar to that of my TARDIS, bigger on the inside, more space for them to run around, fight amongst themselves, survival of the fittest and all."

"That'd be entertaining to watch, but that Wanda girl's got them all under her spell, so they can't attack each other. Besides, why are you doing all this? We didn't need a technician last time I checked."

"Well, you can thank your master for this. She was most pleased by my offer and seems very ambitious to conquer universes."

They make it to the control panel, with Amara approaching both of them. Deathstroke notices and heads over to her.

"I see you've met Missy. She is going to help expand this vessel and make it powerful."

"Yeah, I've noticed. She's a little nuts, but we have a talking killer doll and a human cheetah working with us, so at this point, I've just accepted this. How did she even get on board anyways?"

"On that I'm not sure, but it does raise some concern. A possible consequence of space-time travel. But if she got on board accidentally, I could probably have her set up some defenses to prevent that. But in the meantime, let's be grateful for this little accident that occurred. More power for the Legion, easier domination." Amara pats Slade's back, gives a small smile as the two watch Missy work.