Chapter 12: The Empire Strikes Back

"Does he speak the truth?" Maul asks Amara.

Amara closes her eyes and looks into Thrawn's mind and sees a conversation between him and Sidious on a hologram, informing Thrawn to be his decoy, and that he will be waiting on the Death Star. "He speaks the truth. The Sith Lord is on the Death Star."

"Excellent. I shall prepare the ship now. And what of them?" Maul looks at Thrawn and Morgan igniting his saber.

"I shall keep my end of the bargain. But they shall stay right by our side. Just because you have the brains, doesn't mean you can just wander off. Trust must be earned."

"Understood, madam." Thrawn and Morgan bow their heads. "And what of the fleets?"

"They shall stay working on their missions. We've come too far to stop now. This is an additional victory that we have." Amara extends her arm, having Thrawn exit first, as everyone else follows.

The group of four leave the Senate building, untouched. Rose the Hat notices this, as Amara gives her a small smile and a nod. Rose nods back and continues to fight.

Back on Naboo, Vecna and Cora have made their way into the royal chamber of Naboo, where the Queen of Naboo sits on her throne, surrounded by stormtroopers.

"Why have you brought such carnage onto my planet?" The queen asks.

"It is the way of our leader. She will bring a new age to this galaxy." Vecna responds.

"At the expense of my world?"

"Oh, not just your world, dear." Cora says with a smile, "all of them. Coruscant, Kuat, the Enchanted Forest, Wonderland, will all fall under our regime. And all be as it should once Maul takes his place as ruler of this galaxy, which will fuel the Legion's cause and hold on to the multiverse. We just have several things that are in our way." Cora holds up a fireball from her hands as Vecna levitates the queen. Stormtroopers charge towards the two villains but are blown back by a gust of wind, as Maleficent swirls in in a giant green fire, changing back into human form, flapping her wings, knocking the troopers down, and summoning thorns to hold down her enemies.

"Please. Let me go. You can have whatever you want in the vault over there." The queen struggles to form words as she is stuck suspended in midair.

"Riches are of no necessity to us. We shall take your palace, and no one will remember you existed." Maleficent raises her staff as she looks to Cora, as she shoots green fire from her staff and Cora aims the fireball down at the queen's dress, causing her to burn. As she is suspended in the air, burning, Vecna uses his telepathy to break the queen's arms and legs, and releases her, causing her body to fall onto the ground. Naboo is now under the control of the Crimson Dawn.

Ziton Moj, Chucky and Tiffany run into the throne room and see the carnage happening in the room.

"Oh, geez," Chucky says, "what the hell happened here?"

"Who was that? Was that the queen?" Tiffany asks, looking at the burning corpse.

"No one of importance anymore," Maleficent says, igniting her staff once more, "and as for what happened to her. This." Her staff sends the green fire to Chucky and Tiffany, burning their bodies as well. The plastic melts off of Chucky, as his face slowly starts to deteriorate. Tiffany screams in pain as the fire gets to her flesh and clothes.

"What is the meaning of this?" Cora asks Maleficent.

"There was a coup amidst the Legion, and several of these traitors were brave enough to step forward and reveal themselves and suffered the consequences at the hand of Amara. Some remained silent."