Chapter 9: The Dark Side of the Force

The Thirteen and their four new members to the Legion have now made their way through the portal. The Darkness and everyone arrive on the opposite end of the portal into their next destination in an alleyway with an opening leading out to a city.

"The portal which we went through had a calming sensation and a lack of pain. How is that so?" Ronan asked, feeling his body.

"Instead of pushing time and space into our bodies, I tried to design travel for us to push through it. Anything that is sentient that walks through that portal will have tiny nanoparticles covering the body, allowing them to travel through with ease without aging or deteriorating." Missy says as she pats herself on the back.

"Now where have we arrived at this time?" Maleficent asks as she looks up to the sounds of vehicles passing by and people conversing can be heard outside the alleyway. The villains leave the alley and look around as a busy city, crowded with millions. It wasn't another Earth city, not New York, or Metropolis. Vehicles can be seen flying overhead, with traffic appearing in the skies also. The group walks around the area and sees an assortment of humans, droids, and extraterrestrial beings walking around the streets.

Napoleon bumps into a large alien, who curses him out in French as he prepares to grab his sword. The alien continues to walk by as Al stops him from pulling out his sword.

"You gotta lay off the sword thing, pal. Jesus, it's like working with a toddler sometimes." Al rolls his eyes as they keep looking around, with Napoleon mocking him behind his back.

"Excuse me, my good metallic friend," the Handler taps a small droid with pointed ears, as it turns around and looks up at her, mumbling in code and robotics. "Do you know where we are? We're sort of new in town." The droid communicates in its own language, but the language is unintelligible to any of the Legion. The Handler lowers her head in disappointment as she turns to Missy.

"Let's try this." Missy uses her sonic umbrella to make the droid speak English, with the language slowly shifting from robotics to English. "Now, where are we, little one?"

"Coruscant. The plant of Coruscant. The Imperial Center, and home of many political figures and trade centers. Can I go now?" The droid taps his foot. Missy raises an eyebrow and uses her sonic once more to break the droid's foot. The droid hops away quickly as Missy chuckles.

The planet of Coruscant is the nexus of socio-economic, cultural, intellectual, political, military, and foreign political activity within the known universe. The planet also once housed the Jedi, warrior-monks who kept peace in the universe. Six years ago, in the time of this universe, the Jedi were all executed as the Clone Wars, a war against Separatists and the Republic, was coming to a close. The Jedi Temple that once stood at Coruscant was no more as it was demolished by Clonetroopers.

"Follow me, friends! Let's see what we can figure out about Coruscant." Missy points her umbrella like a sword, leading the group. The villains march on forward, but Hela stops, and turns around, feeling the sense that they are being watched. She disregards the feeling, but still keeps it in the back of her mind.

"That woman is truly insane. How do you let that psychopath take charge?" Kahmunrah whispers to Amara as they walk through the city.

"Missy appeared before us through unknown circumstances, still unknown to this day. But she did provide us with much support, and provided me with some new genetics. She earned her way in."

"And when you say genetics?"

"Her whole race were beings called 'Time Lords', and what they could do upon a near death experience was rewrite their genetics to save themselves. New face, new body, everything. I have made it to where I have no need to change my appearance. Why would I?" Amara feels her face and smiles