A Past Uncovered

Fenner was walking outside in the city, pondering to himself of this new strange ability.

"What even is this black stuff that appears from my hand..? It isn't oil... Oil doesn't just, disintegrate the floor. It's gotta be something something to acid." Fenner says to himself, still walking around.

Something hits Fenner in the back of the head as he turns around, seeing nothing.

"The hell was that...?" Fenner says, as he sees something out of the corner of his vision.

Fenner looks over to what he saw, seeing a tail similar to what the murder drones had.

"What? Is there a murder drone on my back or something?" Fenner says jokingly, still a bit muddled by the tail.

"Whatever..."

Fenner suddenly hears a screech echo out through the city, looking to the buildings.

"Welp, someone must be here." Fenner spoke to himself , as he heads inside a building to possibly hide himself.

Fenner had entered a shop, taking cover behind the counter as he suddenly hears 2 murder drones land outside, presumably N and V.

"I'm telling you, V. I saw a dot in this area." N says, a bit irritated.

"It was possibly a malfunction. Forget it." V replies, still not buying it.

The two argue for a bit until Fenner comes out from behind the cover, yelling a bit.

"Can you two shut up?! I can hear you from over here!"

N and V get a bit startled, as they look incredibly confused by Fenner's appearance.

"Before you say, yes I'm aware I look different." Fenner says, getting any questions out of the way.

"Right... Why do you look like one of us though?" N asks, still confused.

"Not sure. I woke up like this. Don't ask how, not even I know." Fenner replies to the question.

"Well... You appeared on the tracker... So are you classified a disassembly drone now?..." N speaks, slightly curious.

"I'm not certain, but I could. Still figuring out this appearance though... This tail is slightly annoying me now because it keeps hitting me in the head." Fenner replies.

"Yeah... They tend to do that." V speaks up.

"Well, what did you guys come here for anyway? I assume it's something about me?" Fenner says, questioning the two.

"Well... No, not really. We thought J came back to life. But no." N replies, a bit relieved.

"Well alright then." Fenner spoke, slightly less irritated.

N and V take off again, Fenner leaning on the counter, until the counter suddenly starts dissolving.

"What the hell?" Fenner says, a bit surprised.

"Did that just dissolve..?" Fenner pays attention to the way the counter dissolves.

"Why does that seem familiar..." Fenner thought to himself.

Suddenly, Fenner is hit with more memories.

START OF MEMORY

"Hey hey, you gotta get checked by an armed drone." A random worker drone says to Fenner.

"Don't get close, you'll end up like them..." Fenner replies, holding his hands away.

"Wait, YOU DID IT!? HEY! IT'S THIS DRONE THAT KILLED THE DOCTOR!" The worker drone yells out, trying to catch the attention of an armed drone.

Fenner suddenly touches a door, the door dissolving as he began to run out and away from the facility, heading for the spire.

END OF MEMORY

Fenner snaps back to reality, looking around as he is hit with confusion, and shock.

"What the... That-... That was weird... Was I... A worker drone...? No... Surely not." Fenner says, trying to deny the memory.

Fenner walks out of the store, walking around the city some more, soon approaching a forest, walking around in the forest to take his mind off the situation.