Reclamation

Fenner landed in the countryside after the radio message, looking around.

"What's going on out here..." Fenner says to himself, seeing the survivor camp doesn't have UV.

Fenner walks into the camp, seeing USRF soldiers and rogue murder drones holding survivors captive.

The soldiers and drones saw Fenner and immediately started to slowly backpedal.

"H-Hey.. We can talk about all this..." One of the soldiers say.

"Y-Y-Yeah, we can let them go... We were kidding..." A drone says.

The bat started to materialize into Fenner's hand.

"T̸̢͙͉̣̈́h̸̯̦̪̃͂ę̵̫̦̝̺̈́̅̉ẙ̴̛̞̥̜̌ ̸͇̻̮̘̌͂̎̃̅h̴͚͇͘à̶͓̬̞̜͓v̴̜̈́͋e̶͚̲͖͉̲̅ ̸̡̢͚̫͊͛͝ḩ̷̘͆́̍a̴̗͛r̷̛̳̻̩̰͛̀m̷̮͈̤̔̈́͑͋͘ͅe̶̱̦̙͉̗̾͌d̵͈̦͂̒̇͛ ̸̼̰̫̘̇̉y̸͈̫̖̅̎͊͝͠o̸̞̥͎̍̽̊u̷̧̱͍̒̏͆̚r̶̪̜͙̻̉͑́͜ ̴̤̦͈̹͉̇͆̉̌f̷̤̗̗̠̐͛̒ŗ̷̞̖̾͐̿͂͠ȉ̸̙̼͆͐̀͆e̸̡̟̻͙̽ņ̴̺̏͛͝d̴̻̅̈̕ṡ̸̡̧̘̈́ͅ.̷̱̾̽̌ ̷̞̭̆́Ḏ̴̘̙̲͖̆e̷͖̺͗̽̀͑̒ͅa̵̛̫͘͝l̶̯̟̯̝͙̑̈́͘ ̶͎̱̲͓͎̐͛͐̚͠w̸͍͋̾́i̸̇̑̕̕͜t̴͚͌̚͝h̵̙̘́̉̏̇͘ ̶̫̈̾̔̈́t̵̼͈̲͉̐͆̐h̶̡̙͇͊́̌͝ͅͅė̴̙̪̼̽̏́ͅm̵̛̹͗.̵͉̠͚̀̎͒̂" The mortimirium speaks to Fenner.

Fenner grips the bat tightly, dragging it across the ground as he approaches.

"W-We... It's all good! We weren't planning to harm them!..." A soldier says.

"You do anything to someone I protect... You receive the consequences right here, right now." Fenner says, his voice low and angry.

The captain comes out from a building.

"What is all the commotion out he-" The captain froze when he saw Fenner.

"Well, greetings... Captain. Can't help but notice you're... Holding a few people hostage." Fenner says.

"W-Well uhm... Yeah.. But... We'll let them go...!" The captain says, scared.

"What's the matter? Scared? Never seen a captain so scared... Especially when he's looking at a Lieutenant..." Fenner says.

"I-... Well, we've heard about what you did to the... Overseer, and uh-" The captain says before Fenner cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it. That Overseer was allied to your disgusting force. Granted that your objective was to... Reclaim the territory from Disassembly Drones. NOT hold survivors captive." Fenner says.

"H-How do you know of our objective?..." The captain says.

"Trust me. I've known for a while. But... You joined the things you swore to destroy. How interesting." Fenner replied.

"So, you got 2 choices. 1, you leave this place and leave the survivors alone. Or 2, you fight me and unsurprisingly, lose." Fenner says.

"Pick a choice everyone." Fenner says.

"Stand on my left for choice 1, or on my right for choice 2." Fenner added on as everyone took places.

A few cocky disassembly drones picked option 2 as a joke.

But the majority chose option 1.

"Ah well, option 1 won... Let's go." A disassembly drone says walking with the others.

"Hold it." Fenner says as the disassembly drones that picked option 2 froze.

"You aren't getting out of this. You fight me now." Fenner added on.