Insanity

Fenner and V are walking through the halls, as V was slightly concerned for Fenner's well-being.

"Fenner, uh... You've been rather mad. Did something happen?" V asks Fenner.

"No." Fenner replies boldly, but it was clear that wasn't true.

V decides to not ask further and just keeps following Fenner.

The two come across a fork in the road.

"Fork. I'm right handed, so right we go." Fenner says, going to the right of the fork.

V follows close behind, staying uncomfortably close.

Fenner's hand was slightly dripping with Mortimirium as he walked.

A thud is heard behind the two, as they turn around and see a confused and rather scared disassembly drone.

"W-What?... Where am I?" The drone says, confused.

Fenner and V look to each other for a second, looking back at the drone.

The drone looked over to Fenner and V, pulling out a revolver.

"HEY HEY HEY!" Fenner says, quick-drawing his Walther sidearm and aiming it at the drone.

"PUT YOUR GUN DOWN!" Fenner demands, yelling at the top of his non-existent lungs.

V looked mortified, as more mortimirium started to drip from Fenner, reaching his arms.

The drone quickly surrenders, dropping the revolver as Fenner kicked it away.

"Identify yourself." Fenner says, still aiming.

"M-Maxwell..." The drone replies.

"Like that... Cat meme?" Fenner asks.

"What? No-... It's an actual name." Maxwell replies.

Fenner shrugs, lowing the pistol and holstering it again.

"Where exactly did you come from?" Fenner asks.

"Uh-... I can't remember much..." Maxwell replies.

"Right then... Well, you can follow us. We're trying to find our way out of this... Confusing facility. Not even a facility. More of... A tesseract; a mind-bending facility." Fenner says as he continues moving.

Maxwell and V follow behind.

"Where the hell are the rest..." Fenner says.

"We saw them once, and now we've lost track. All the hallways are scattered." V answers.

Fenner continued walking, until his entire body suddenly started to drip with mortimirium.

"What the-... Fenner, what's going on?!" V asks.

"I can sense harm being put upon the rest..." Fenner says, as a rather sinister smile was present on his face.

"Uh-" V says before Fenner suddenly disappears.

"That's not good... I think I might be able to alert N.." V says to herself, scrolling through the visor settings.

Meanwhile.

N, Uzi, and Tessa are being attacked by some creatures and USRF soldiers.

"We should've asked Fenner to stay with us! This is too much for us to handle!" N shouts.

The USRF soldiers keep firing, as the creatures attack both parties.

Suddenly, Fenner landed as everyone in the hallway, including the creatures are frozen with fear.

The USRF soldiers start to slowly back away.

Fenner looks up, as his visor is damaged and corrupted.

"I think Fenner has officially lost it now-..." Uzi whispers to N and Tessa.

Fenner's body was still dripping with mortirium as he starts to approach the creatures and soldiers.

"RETREAT!" A soldier yells out as all the troops started to fall back, trying to get away from Fenner.

Multiple muffled screams and gunshots are heard, it appears that the mortimirium didn't fully dissolve anybody yet, but instead is keeping them alive with agonizing pain.

Fenner continues chasing after the runners, as they tried to create obstacles. However, the mortimirium forces it out of the way, making Fenner continue to the pursuit.

N, Uzi, and Tessa begin to run after, maintaining a safe distance.

At this point, the hallways had become corrupted from Fenner's mortimirium.

strings of mortimirium appear as they chase after the remaining runners, grabbing ahold of their feet as a pool appears underneath all of them, ultimately dragging them into the mortimirium.

Fenner is standing there, looking like he is about to collapse.

And soon enough, he collapses, as the mortimirium started to flow back into his body.

V and Maxwell were able to find the group, looking down at Fenner.

"Oh... We should get him out of here." V says.

"Good idea... I believe we can touch him now, I don't see any of that... Black substance." N replies.

N and V act as a support for Fenner as the group continues moving to find the exit to the "facility".