Diversion

Fenner walked to the requests again, grabbing another paper.

"What's this one?" Fenner asks.

The man looked over,

"Ah, that was sent in by a guard from Boatsie. The USRF checkpoint that guards the North Island bridge has been rather...  Demanding, since you three took down those convoys. In response, the USRF created 2 checkpoints. One at the Midland entrance, and one at the North Island entrance. Now, they request that the checkpoints be dealt with so that transport of supplies can go unbothered." He replied.

"Consider it done." Fenner says, walking out with N and V not far behind.

"So, a checkpoint on the bridge... Sounds easy." Fenner adds on, the three getting into the VAB.

Fenner starts the engine, starting to drive to the bridge.

"So... Uhh... Anybody want to talk about something? Play a game?" N asks, trying to break the silence.

"Anything but Truth or Dare." V replies.

"What about 2 Truths 1 Lie?" Fenner spoke up.

"Uh... Sure, that'll work." N replies, V nodding.

"I'll go first." V says,

"I killed alot of worker drones, I may have spared a few drones, and I like Fenner." V added on.

"I am hoping the lie is you liking me." Fenner says worried.

"Precisely. I never would either way. I'm sure you're relieved?" V replies.

"Yes. I am. I am relieved, greatly." Fenner says.

"I'll go next." N spoke up.

"I have hurt Uzi atleast once, I liked J's company, and my name is Serial Designation N.

"The lie is you liked J's company." Fenner says.

"Yep. That's the lie." N replies.

"My turn I guess." Fenner says.

"I have committed warcrimes, I have a son, and I held of an attack when I was 14." Fenner adds on.

"Is the lie you have a son?" N asks.

"Maybe the lie is you held off an attack at 14?" V asks.

"No and No. The lie is the warcrimes." Fenner replies.

"YOU HAVE A SON?!" N asks, overjoyed.

"WHEN WERE YOU GONNA TELL US?!" V asks.

"I wasn't. Because you wouldn't expect me, a cold heartless murderous soldier to have a kid." Fenner replies.

"I-... That's a fair point..." V says, slightly looking down.

"We're nearing the bridge, get ready." Fenner says.

N and V look up, seeing the bridge in the distance. Fenner pulls over to the side of the road, turning the engine off and getting out of the VAB.

"Checkpoint is just ahead, so bumrush them." Fenner says, running towards the checkpoint on the bridge.

The soldiers guarding the bridge notice Fenner, N and V approaching, taking aim and firing.

The three swiftly dodge the attacks, getting into the heart of the checkpoint and starting to clear it all out.

Upon killing the last soldier, Fenner grabs his radio.

"This is Fenner, that checkpoint into the North Island is clear." Fenner says.

The man from the survivor camp picks up the radio

"You actually did it? We greatly appreciate your assistance... Perhaps I might be giving you answers earlier after all...? Maybe one more major request and... We'll talk." He says, turning the radio off.

"Well hey, atleast it's a maybe." N says.

"I guess..." Fenner replies, getting into the VAB.

N and V get in after, Fenner starting the engine and driving off.