Chapter 24

When I got up in the morning the first thing that I noticed was that I was alone. I didn't have a 'Where am I?' moment since the moment I opened my eyes I remembered Sean and the talk we had. I slowly got out of the bed searching for Damon or his roommate. Not that I knew what he looked like but whatever.

The bathroom door opened and I saw Damon come out in just a towel. I immediately put my hands on my eyes and heard his chuckle.

"It's not like you haven't seen me like this before."

"Yeah but all the other times we were either kids or I was really mad." I replied remembering the last time I had seen him in such a compromised position.

"Really really mad. And that reminds me, you never told me what Principal Benedict said to you."

"Um. She made me write an essay on how I wouldn't repeat that behavior." I giggled in spite of myself and felt a hand on my shoulder, when I turned around I was glad to see Damon fully clothed.

"Glad you didn't get into any major trouble."

"Trouble? It was awesome." When he raised his brow in question I added, "I mean, not looking at all you guys or anything but having done something you aren't supposed to do."

"You are one crazy girl, Aria. Just because it's fun breaking rules don't start doing illegal things 'cause I won't be bailing you out." Damon ruffled my hair as he started walking towards the bedside table.

"Haha. Like you could stay without me." I grin.

"You're right. I can't. I'd probably join you inside." And at that very instant we both burst into laughter.

"I missed this." Damon said once we both stopped laughing and I realised just how much I missed him and his carefree way.

"I did too."

"Okay. Let's not get emotional and ruin the mood. Can we go back to being friends again?" He held out his hand for me and I took it.

"I assumed we always were."

"I mean, do you forgive me, Aria?" I looked into his eyes then and saw the fear in them. He was scared I would bolt but I had had enough of running. Though Damon's way was wrong, he did care about me and last night was enough proof of that. "I do forgive you." I ruffled his hair and bolted into the washroom.

I gazed into the mirror for a good five minutes and decided that there was no way I could hide the puffiness of my eyes or the swelling of my face. I didn't know how to use makeup and even if I did, I didn't have any with me. So, I just cleaned up as much as I could and I brushed using Damon's toothbrush. Knowing him, he'd probably have two more with him so it didn't matter.

When I walked out of the washroom I saw Damon talking to someone on phone and overheard just a bit of it, "No Sarah don't call her now. She is finally smiling. I'll tell her to call you back. Bye." He turned around and looked at me guiltily.

I just crossed my hands across my chest and glared at him.

"I am sorry. She was worried. You weren't answering your phone and Reese didn't know where you were."

"Okay. What did you tell her?" I was sure my mom would hop on the fastest means of transport available and get here if she found out I was sad.

"I told her you got homesick."

"And she bought it?"

"What can I say, I am a convincing liar." He looks at me proudly and I stifle a laugh before saying, "Don't be proud of that. It's not a good thing."