Chapter 36

"Aria, take a break babe. You've been at it for over an hour now." Sean planted a kiss on my neck as he massaged my shoulders. I let out an involuntary moan as his fingers worked magic and removed the stress out of my muscles.

"See? You need a break." He hauled me up to my feet.

"Okay. I'll take a break." I went into his open arms.

"Aria?" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Be there in a minute, mom." I groaned as I pulled out of his arms and walked downstairs with him at my heels.

"Get out."

"Mom?"

"You've been packing and packing all day, everyday. Go out for a little while. At the rate you are going I am sure you are done packing everything."

"Trust me Sarah, she is already done. She has repacked her books thrice now." Sean added grinning.

"It wasn't alphabetical." I mumbled and they laughed.

"Let's go to the ice cream parlour." Sean offered.

"Can I order a double scoop of vanilla with chocolate chips?" I exclaimed. It was my favourite ice cream. I could never get enough of it.

"Sure, you can order anything you want." He chuckled pulling me out of the house.

Things weren't totally fine between me and Sean but we were working on it. He knew I was still hurt and I knew he was really sorry so, we knew we could make it work.

My mom was a little surprised when we got back together yet she had welcomed him back with open arms. Only after a threatening lecture though. Sean was terrified of her for the next couple of weeks. I warned him she was crazily overprotective.

As for the prom, Caroline and Damon were crowned queen and king, no surprise there. She was very happy though. It was like the perfect love story for them. Like the ones we read of in books or the ones we see in the movies.

School had ended and we were heading out to our colleges the following week.

I had decided to live in the dorms but Sean wouldn't hear of it. He had already rented out an apartment near to the campus and was adamant about us living together. He had even managed to convince my mom of it. So, I guess we were going to live together.

Sometimes I wondered if we were moving too fast but Caroline explained to me that there is no thing as too fast. Every relationship apparently has its own pace decided by the two people in it.

I was surprised, to say the least, to hear these wise words from Caroline but I guess no one really knows anyone ever. They could be someone in our eyes for forever but then it could suddenly change overnight. One of the many things that senior year taught me.

I was in a happy place in my life right now. Sean and I were good. Damon and I were also cool. He and Sean had turned out to become brothers or something.

When Damon found out that we were back together he took Sean out for a one on one conversation which, I imagine, consisted of a lot of threats and lectures. What followed next is unknown but they both came back as brothers. Since then they have become inseparable.

I was glad to see the two very important people of my life getting along.

As for Jason, he was already gone to Florida. We made it a point to keep in touch by either texting or video calling. It made Sean uncomfortable but he didn't dare to say anything. Jason was happy I was back with Sean and he told me that he did like me for a bit. Not knowing how to respond to that I just thanked him which made him laugh at me and make fun of me. No surprise there. I missed him. Even though we knew each other only for a few months he had become someone important in my life and I was glad things weren't awkward between us.

"Ready to go babe?" Sean asked. I was standing in front of the car unable to get into it. My mom was standing on the porch waving goodbye along with Reese, tears staining her cheeks.

I ran back to my mom and hugged her one last time. "I'll miss you. I'll call you everyday." I sobbed into her shoulders.

"I know. I'll miss you too. Now go. You'll miss your flight." She pulled away and wiped my tears. "I love you."

"I love you." I turned to Reese and pulled her into another hug.

"Skype every week." She said and I nodded. Then turned around and walked without looking back 'cause I knew that if I turned I wouldn't be able to leave. I waved once more as I sat in the car and the car pulled away from the driveway.

Sean's parents were dropping us off to the airport. They tried to cheer me up during the car ride and I found myself laughing at George's jokes. It was impossible to keep a straight face when it came to his jokes.

Damon and Caroline had already left so they couldn't see us off though they had texted me. Together, in one message. So cute.

At the airport we got down and hugged them goodbye.

"I'll miss you guys." I said to them.

"We'll miss you too. Have a safe flight." George said shaking my hand.

"Take care of Aria, Sean. And take care of yourself also. Call me without fail everyday." Vanessa pulled Sean into another hug sniffing.

"Yes mom. Don't cry." Sean patted her back.

Vanessa pulled away from him and wiped her tears. "Now go both of you. Be happy." She waved us off and we walked inside.

We were both sitting in our seats when the pilot greeted everybody and announced that we were going to take off. The flight attendant started her safety demonstrations immediately and Sean turned around to me. "You ready to start a new life?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

He smiled at me, holding my hand in his as the flight took off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes people. This is the end. The end leading to a new beginning. I would like to thank all of you for your support and reads.

I have started a lot of books but have never been able to finish one. This is the first time that I did and I am beyond happy about it.

I am thinking of writing an epilogue and that's about it. No sequel nothing. I'll start working on my other project soon. And yeah I'll get around to the editing.

Anyway, as always Vote! Comment! And Follow!

Love,

anushaz