Chapter 10

I was walking smiling to myself when I saw the car in my driveway. Oh no! It couldn't be! But there was no mistaking it. 

Why was he here? What did he want? It wasn't even that time of the year yet that he had come to pick me up.

I was thinking all this as I walked inside the house. Mom was sitting in the couch facing him. Seeing me she got up and it made him turn.

"Hey dad." I mumbled as I went towards them.

"Hey sweetheart. How are you? How's school going on?"

"Yeah it's fine." I looked at my mom to ask her a question that was there on both our minds and she just shook her head.

"Why are you here?" I couldn't stop the words. They were out before I could help it.

"I thought you would be pleased to see me dear." He looked stern. His voice had turned into sickly sweet.

"Yeah but you didn't answer my question yet." I looked at him. I was not going to take anymore of this shit.

"Peter, calm down. She doesn't mean it like that. She is just surprised to see you here. Aren't you Aria?" She looked at me with pleading yes and I mumbled my reply while heading upstairs. "Hmm.. Yes."

"Where do you think you are going young lady?"

He was really starting to bother me now. I looked at him and gestured towards my appearance.

"To my room to change. I didn't think I would need your permission for that."

He stared at me for a while then seemed to decide against it. He put on his fake smile and continued, "Of course honey. I just wanted to know because I wanted to spend time with you."

"Yeah right." I mumbled under my breath and reached my room. I heard them arguing again. What did he want now? Maybe my approval on some other project of his.

Yeah I know what you may be thinking. Why my approval, I am not even an adult? Well the thing is my grandmother, his mother, left everything in her will to me.

Nothing was to be done without my permission and till the time that I was a minor my mom and lawyer were supposed to take the decisions for me.

Did I forget to mention that I was practically the owner of the multinational company "Nimitz"? I guess I didn't and that's maybe because I don't want anything to do with it. It's a pharmaceutical company and currently my dad was running it but whenever he wanted to anything new he came to me for my approval.

My mom didn't believe I was minor anymore and she asked me to decide for myself and most of the times I felt like giving up the ownership to him but yeah I wasn't old enough to decide that yet.

Me and my mom like to keep our contact with Peter or my dad as minimal as possible. He keeps trying to win my custody so that he can have more power over me but I am not blind. 

I have not yet forgotten all the things he did to my mom. How he beat her up or how he accused her of having an affair. The memory is still fresh in my brain and it is the only thing stopping me from giving up the ownership.

My grandma knew about his behaviour and hence she didn't leave a penny to him. She left everything to me and now it sucks. Because now every time he needs something he tries to butter me up and I hate it.

If once ,just once, he tells me that he truly loves me and cares about me I would easily give away everything but no I know him. And he isn't anything like that. 

All he thinks about is profit. What would he get if he did something? That was the reason behind him doing anything and everything. 

Hell! He even married my mother as a part of a deal. My grandma said she'd make him the company's vice president if he did and he did it.