Chapter 32

"Your dad is coming home." My mom announced the minute I stepped inside the house.

"Oh really? Why now?"

"He wants to speak to you about something."

"Well then isn't that a total waste seeing as I don't have anything to talk about at all with that man." I ranted.

"Aria." I could hear the warning tone in her voice.

"No,mom. Not this time. You can't take his side either." I stomped off to my room even though I could hear her calling out to me.

An hour and a half later I heard the door bell ring and him stepping into the house.

My mom entered the room and I could see the fragility in her eyes.

"He wants to talk to you."

"Did you ask him?"

"It's not my place to."

"Okay. I'm coming down." I replied grudgingly. She walked up to me and gently squeezed my shoulder before going out of the room.

She has had to bear and endure so much even though she didn't have to and all because of me. With the anger boiling inside me I walked down the stairs and found him sitting there on the sofa in his suit.

He looked up and when he saw me he got up and smiled at me. The wicked smile that I hated.

"Aria. I was worried about you." He said and I was left gaping.

"Huh?" Was all I said.

"The minute I heard Sean Prescott had come to town I arranged for you to find out the truth so that you couldn't be hurt." And he looked contrite. It was unbelievable.

"What you mean is that you threatened Reese's dad to make Reese text me." I said in a cool voice trying to contain my anger.

"It had to be done. Where my baby girl was involved I couldn't take any chances." The words sounded so fake coming out of his mouth.

"Right." I scoffed. "You care about me so much." Sarcasm was dripping from my sentence.

His eyes hardened at that and that's when I saw him for who he really was. The wicked and calculative man that he was. "How dare you talk to me like that?" He took a threatening step toward me.

"So what are you going to do? Hit me like you did mom or have me raped and then murdered like you did with Sophia?"

"I never did that." He slipped back into his act. I laughed a dry laugh. Did he really expect me to believe that?

"This is what I was worried about. That's why I wanted Sean out of your life. I knew he would feed you lies."

"Oh really? And why would he do that? Why would he feed me lies about you of all the people?" I questioned him and knew he had no way out of it this time.

I saw my mom come out of the corner to stand beside my side, like she had promised.

His gaze shifted to her and he glared at her. "You! This is all your fault." He took a step towards her with his hand raised and I stepped in between them.

"Don't you dare." I spit in his face. "At least have the balls to admit what you did. You are an abuser, rapist and a murderer!"

Crack! I heard it before I could even feel the tingling in my cheek. My ear was also ringing. For a minute I was scared of him. Fury was rolling off of him. His eyes were pitch black and his hand was trembling. "You ungrateful bitch. I have done nothing but good for you and this is how you repay me. This is how you talk to your father."

Thats where the fear ended. I had had enough of shit to last me a lifetime now. "Father? Ha! It's funny how you think you are my father. You are nothing to me do you hear me? Don't you dare come to this house ever again or try to contact any of us." I was breathing heavily by the end. "If you do I'll not hesitate to call the cops."

"Leave, Peter." My mom said. Her voice sounded angry. "If you ever even so much as touch my daughter again, I'll make sure you'll be locked away for a long time." My mom looked scary when she was angry and now she was furious so it was understandable why he was standing there like a fish opening and closing his mouth with no words coming out.

"I said leave!"

That seemed to get him out of his shock. "I'll get you both back for this. I'll." He mumbled to himself and walked out of the house.

After he was gone mom started crying. "I am sorry, Aria. I am so sorry. I can't believe he raised his hand on you." She was a sobbing mess.

"It's okay. It's not your fault he is such a piece of shit."

"Language!" She exclaimed even in this situation and I found it hard not to laugh at the situation. She joined me and by the end of it we were both a laughing mess.

Once we finally calmed down I said, "We have to report him, mom."

"I know. I should have done it a long time ago. I am sorry, baby." She tried to touch my cheek and I flinched away. Okay maybe it didn't hurt much then but it hurt like a bitch now. I could see her eyes fill with concern and I faked a smile as I said, "It's not that bad."

"You are a very bad liar." She pulled me close and hugged me. "Thank you, Aria."

"Huh?" I pulled away a bit to look at her face.

"For standing up to him. For standing up for me. You make me so proud." I could see her getting teary eyed again. "Even though your language is something we are going to have a long talk about. Later."

"Later." I repeated as I lay down on her lap exhausted.

"Sleep, baby. Sleep." She said as she patted my head and I didn't have it in me to fight the exhaustion and weariness of the day as it all finally came crashing down on me. Even though I knew I had to call up the authorities it could wait for another hour or so. That was my last thought as I drifted off into a dreamless slumber.