Chapter 5

"Well see you tomorrow then. It was nice to meet you Aria." He brought his hand out.

"It was nice to meet you too, Sean." I replied and stretched my hand out to shake his hand. 

His hands were really strong. One could feel the warmth and the firmness in them. After a while I realized that I had been holding his hand for way too long and dropped it embarrassed. 

I nodded my head too shy to look at his face but his eyes seemed to call out to me, making me look at him. And I saw him smiling at me which made me blush harder if it were even possible. I walked away clumsily and didn't turn back since I was scared of the effect he had on me. Man! I seriously needed to control my emotions and reactions around him. If I keep this up, he'll certainly feel like I am some lonely, clingy person who is smitten by him. Maybe I am smitten by him. Am I? Damn! He is just messing with my head!

"Hey. Who was he?" Damon was standing there, waiting for me as usual.

"Hey. Who? Oh he. He is Sean Prescott. He is a new student here, came from London. We have English together." I was grinning like an idiot. I tried to stop it but it was natural so I stopped trying.

"Oh. And what has got you so happy? In the morning you were pretty quiet and now all of a sudden you are smiling. What is it?"He sat inside and shut the door of the car as he inquired.

"Um. Let me see. I actually don't know. Maybe it was because of Sean. Yeah that's it. He is really sweet you know. He makes me smile." I had a stupid grin on my face and before Damon could see it, I wiped it off my face.

"Great. Having fun huh? Cool." Damon sounded angry but I didn't want to ask as I was already busy thinking about Sean and his deep blue eyes.

**********************************************************

I reached home and was just through the front door when my mom asked "Hmm. What's up? You are smiling. Did he ask you out?"

Gosh! Parents can be so crazy at times.

"No! Why do you keep asking that? And can't I be happy once in a while?" I was really irritated now.

"Okay. Okay. Don't get all worked up. You have every right to be happy. Fine?" 

I mentally kicked myself for snapping at her. Mom looked hurt.

"Look mom, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that even Damon seemed angry when I told him I was happy." I hugged my mom and held her tight for a while.

"Oh dear. Don't take it the wrong way. He must have had something else on his mind and I promise I won't ask you about him asking you out, okay?"

"Maybe you are right. And thanks. I'll go to my room and change. See you later."

I reached for my bag from where I had dropped it to hug my mom and went up the stairs to my room. I sat for a really long time on my bed thinking and then went to take a bath. After my bath I saw that I had two missed calls from Damon. I called him back and to my surprise he said he was in my house!

As I went downstairs, I found him sitting on the couch talking to my mother. He looked up when I started descending and smiled.

"Hey. Not that I expected you to dress up but you really want to come like this?" He was smirking again.

"Come where?" I was confused. Why was he looking at me like that?

"Um. To my house? You forgot, didn't you?"

"Oh! I am really sorry. I did forget. I'll be right back." As I hurried up the stairs I thought I saw my mom wink at me.

I dressed in a hurry. Threw a white top over my favorite pair of jeans and wore a jacket. As I stood in front of the mirror I saw that I looked a mess. My hair was messed up and my face! Argh, it was a mess just being my face. I brushed my hair hair twice to set it in place and applied a little eyeliner to keep the focus on my eyes. I love my eyes and I think they are my best feature and my eyelashes they are perfect; big and curly. Just before leaving I applied a lip gloss and then headed downstairs.

When I reached downstairs I said, "Let's go." and hugged my mom bye but it looked like Damon didn't hear what I said. After repeating the same sentence thrice and shaking him hard, he looked as if he came out of a trance. He caught my hand and pulled me till the car and said "Let's go." with a wide grin.