1

Aubrey Davis 🍒| 17 years old

I sat nervously shaking in my seat. My head can't wrap around the fact that I'm about to tell him. My name is Aubrey Davis, I attend the infamous school of Penn High—along with my crush August.

"August"I started while letting out a shaky breath. "I like you, like really like you. Not in a friendly way, but something more"

There was a long pause which made me even nervous than I already was. He sat staring at me with a thinking look spreaded across this face. His mouth parted indicating that he was about to speak.

"Look Aubrey"August started. Soon he stopped and that same thinking expression spread back on his face. "I think you're really beautiful, but I just don't see you that way"

What? From the signals I recieved from him, it pretty much seemed like he was into me.

"Wow, okay"I mumbled feeling embarrassed. I stood up from my chair and walked across his yard to my house.

August and I were neighbors so we did hang out a lot. I walked into my home and let out a sigh.

"Hey honey where were you"My mom questioned as she flipped through the television channels on the couch.

"August's"I sighed while talking of my shoes.

"Oh"My mom smirked and cut off the tv. "Your friend"She put friend in air quotations.

"Yeah mom, friends and that's all"I huffed and walked up stairs to my room.

I plopped on my bed and laid down.My little sister came in. I love her to death, but she is an annoying little brat and I was already not in the mood.

"What do you want?"I questioned while still staring up at the ceiling.

"For you to be gone one more hour"She let out a fake smile.

My sister, Sidney, was ten years old but had a mouth of a teenager. We argue a lot because of it.

I rose from my bed and pushed her out of my room. I closed my door and locked it.I went and got the remote and turned on my tv to Moesha.

While watching the tv, I fiddled with dyed ombré blue hair.

"Pssst"i heard someone whisper.

I looked around my room kinda of frightened.

"Who is it"i asked.

"Look out the window"i heard the person says.

I looked and saw my bestfriend Claire. She usually comes through the front door, but today, I don't know why.

"Wassup"I smiled and let it fully open.

She climbed through and lost her balance. Claire wobbled and fell face down onto my carpet.

"Shit"Claire mumbled and quickly hopped to her feet. "Had my mom on my ass so I needed to leave ASAP"

We both let out a chuckle. I walked to my bed and sat down on the edge of it.

"So did you tell him?"She asked and sat next to me. I nodded my head. 

"Yup, and he totally rejected me"I rolled my eyes. "He said I was a beautiful girl but only saw us as friends"

"Well that nigga is dumb if he doesn't realize what he is missing out on"She crossed her arms.

I laughed.

"Alright girl let me go cause my momma gonna trip when she figures I'm out gone"she said.

"Ok"i said.

She went back out the window and I closed it shut while putting the locks on. I sat on my bay window and began writing in my journal. It's something my therapist told me to when I was feeling mixed emotions.

August Alsina🏀| 17 years old
She was simply beautiful. It bothered me that I didn't tell her my true feelings about her, but I'm just not that type of person.

I never was the one to open up to a girl like that because of my ex. I know that's everybody's excuse, but I want to be fully available for Aubrey because she deserves everything. She's been through so much that I don't want to be the one to add on to it.

Aubrey Davis 🍒| @home

I walked out of my room to grab a towel from the linen closet. My stood with her arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"Aubrey , why did you kick your sister out your room"My mom asked as she placed her hands on her hip.

"Cause she needs to leave me alone"I replied in a slight attitude.

My mom shook her head and walked away. I rolled my eyes and placed the towel in my bathroom.

Next day
I looked in my mirror and observed my outfit. It consisted of a black thrasher shirt and white high-waisted pants with my black and white vans.

I did my daily hygiene and then walked back to my boring lifeless room. I opened the curtains and the sunlight began to spill into my room.

I turned off the television and grabbed my phone and charger and my earbuds. I put them in my flower back pack and went downstairs.

I quickly ate my food because I was running a little late. I grabbed the keys to my black mustang—I'm not spoiled I promise, I bought it mysel. I unlocked the door and sat in it waiting for Sidney.

She skipped out with that every fake smile on her face and sat right in the front set. I rolled my eyes and pulled off. I began singing along to my favorite song before she turned it off. I pulled my car on the side of the rode.

"Get out your walking"I demanded.

"We are at my school anyway"She smiled and got up and skipped away.

"Don't expect to be picked up early"I yelled after her.