12

Aubrey 💋| 17 years old

I walked upstairs and went in my room. Orlando and Courtney sat on my bed making out. Funny news, Courtney was the girlfriend that Orlando was telling me about.

"If y'all are gonna do this, go outside to the backyard or something"I rolled my eyes and picked up a pillow. I tossed at their heads.

Courtney stuck up the middle finger.

"I'm about to take a nap so I don't want to hear no inappropriate noises"I warned.

•••

"Wake up bitch"I heard a voice yell. My felt my body being shook and lazily lifted up my head.

I woke up an saw Jackson standing over me.

"What are you doing here?"I asked in confusion. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"To congratulate you for whooping that bitches ass"He smiled and sat down the bed.

I chuckled.

"I told that bitch to leave me alone and now she got her face messed up for not following my order"

"Girl I gotta get going though"

"Why?"I questioned. "You just got here"

"I've been here talking with Courtney but I need to get my new wig from my hairstylist. This bitch charges extra if I don't get it on time get my new weave an the bitch trippin
talking"

I smiled and stood out of my bed.

"Don't go off on the lady. She's the only one who does your wigs right"I warned.

"Yeah I know"He sighed. "You better hide, Deseray prolly' called the police on your ass for beating her up so bad"

I chuckled.

"It's Deseraay"I heard someone yell.

"Bitch shut up!"Jackson yelled out of the window.

"Every time you pronounce her name wrong, she pops up of nowhere"I rolled my eyes.

Jackson's phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his purse. He smacked his lips and rolled his eyes.

"Guh let me go this bitch talking about she finna sell my wig. No bitch I bought them damn bundles myself. All she did was make it"

"Bye"I chuckled.

Jackson quickly walked out the door. I pulled my hair out of its sloppy ponytail and shook it around.

"Aubrey there is a letter from NYC"My mom yelled.

My eyes shot open. I've been waiting for that letter for months now. I just pray that I got in. Everybody I know is going there. Courtney, Claire, August, Caleb, Drake and even Jackson.

I ran downstairs and grabbed the letter from the kitchen counter. Everyone stood around waiting for me to open it.

"Hurry up!"Courtney exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and used my nails to tear it open.

"Dear Aubrey Davis. This letter has been sent to inform you that you've been"I paused. I couldn't believe my eyes. "I got in!"

"Yes girl! We're gonna be roommates with Claire"Courtney exclaimed. "Twerk time bitch!"

Courtney turned around and began to twerk.

"Language young lady"My dad warned. Courtney laughed and stopped.

"Wow, I cant believe I got accepted into the school of my dreams"I spoke in amazement. I held the paper up to my chest and let out a sigh.

"My are babies growing up so fast"My dad smile while wiping an imaginary tear from his eye.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

•••

"August I am in love with this song"I smiled while reading the lyrics to his song title "Benediction"

He had invited me last week to read a song of his, and now it's become my daily routine after school.

"Thanks"He smiled.

There was an awkward silence. August and I were sitting very close to each other. We were back to back. He did his homework while I read his lyrics.

"Hey-"we both said as we turned around but our heads crashed into each other.

"Shit"I mumbled while holding my head.

"Oh My bad"August sighed and removed my hand to look at the collision spot. "Damn it's already turning read.

He began to lightly rub it with his icy cold hands. Soon the pain started to go down. August eyes connected with mine as we leaned in but got interrupted.

"August!"I heard that annoying voice screech.

We pulled apart to see Deseray standing by the door with a furious expression. Her arms were crossed.

"Your were about to cheat on me with this bitch?"She questioned while pointing at me.

"Who you calling a bitch"I asked while standing up.

"You, so wassup"She rolled her neck.

"You really want round two? I'd hate to beat your ass"I paused. "Again"

"Bring it"she said

I charged at her but got pulled back.I grabbed my phone and walked out of August room but got stopped by his mother.

"See imma get August because, I wanted to see a fight"Mama Sheila smacked her lips.

I cracked a smile and sighed. August mother has been with me through everything. When a challenging part in my life happened, she was the person I told.

"I'll see you later"

"Bye child"She gave me a kiss on the forehead and hugged me.

I hugged her back and walked outside of the house.

•••

"Psst"I heard someone whisper and raps against my window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I looked over at Courtney to see her peacefully sleeping. I looked through the blinds and saw August ready to through another rock. I lifted up my window.

"What"I harshly whispered. He was interrupting my sleep and I was not happy about it.

"I wanna show ya some"He waved his hand to signal me to come down. I sighed and closed the window back.

I went and brushed my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail.I tiptoed outside and met up with August in my backyard.

"Follow me"He whispered.

I followed him to the car as he started it up and drove off. Where the fuck are we going. We pulled up to the destination that I was very familiar with.We hopped out and sat on the bench.

"You remember this place?"He asked.

"Yeah, we were here when I was having problems with my dad"I said softly.

"Look Aubrey, I broke up with Deseraay for you. I realized how much feelings I have for you and I'm tired of pushing these feelings away. Can we just be together with no questions about it?"

"You just got out of a relationship August"I sighed.

"So?"

"I don't want to be used as some sort of rebound. I've been through too much to be played"I shook my head.

"I'm not gonna play you okay"August exclaimed. It was quiet between the two of us. "Give me a chance, I'll prove it"

"Fine"